As the NASCAR Sprint Cup SeriesTM returns to New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the second event of the season, TUMS® is prepared to deliver fast relief and fun to all New England fans.
• TUMS, Levy and New Hampshire Motor Speedway have partnered on the ultimate New England cooking competition…the TUMS “Chowdah” Cook-Off. After submitting entries online, five contestants have been selected to compete in the at-track cooking competition. Cooking will begin Sunday, Sept. 19 at 8 a.m. ET at the TUMS Fast Relief Zone located in the fan midway at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. NASCAR personalities Jimmy Spencer and Michael Waltrip will join the judging panel which takes place at 10 a.m.
• TUMS returns as the primary paint scheme on the No. 00 TUMS Toyota for the Sylvania 300. Following this event at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, TUMS has one remaining paint scheme slated for Phoenix International Raceway.
• In his last four races at the 1.058-mile oval, David Reutimann has scored four top-15 finishes including a fourth-place finish in the spring of 2009. He earned his best starting position of sixth this past spring event.
• Reutimann is currently 17th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings. He has won in all three major NASCAR series and was the 2007 Nationwide Series championship runner-up. In addition to the Sprint Cup win at Charlotte Motor Speedway and most recently at Chicagoland Speedway, he has three poles, 10 top-five and 19 top-10 finishes in 124 career Cup starts.
• Note: Hi-resolution images are available upon request.
For more than 75 years, TUMS® has been a fast, effective treatment for heartburn and acid indigestion, neutralizing stomach acid on contact. Today, TUMS is the number one antacid in America, used by more people than any other brand to treat heartburn.
About GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare is one of the world’s largest over-the-counter consumer healthcare products companies. Its more than 30 well-known brands include alli®, Nicorette®, NicoDerm® CQ and Commit® as well as many medicine cabinet staples, including Abreva®, Aquafresh®, Sensodyne,® Tums® and Breathe Right®.
GlaxoSmithKline — one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies — is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. For company information visit: http://www.gsk.com.