Fan-Oriented “SEND ME 2 VEGAS” Sweepstakes Launches Sept. 15
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 15, 2010) – The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing Inc. (NASCAR) announced today one of the sport’s most popular fan events — the return of NASCAR After The Lap to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s WeekTM line up of activities. Sponsored by Ford Motor Company and Coca-Cola, NASCAR After The Lap is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. PT on Thursday, Dec. 2, 2010, and is the only fan-focused, free event providing NASCAR® fans with unprecedented access to the 2010 top-12 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers who competed in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint CupTM.
NASCAR After The Lap will launch the “SEND ME 2 VEGAS” sweepstakes on Sept. 15 with one fan eligible to win a 2011 Ford Taurus SHO valued at up to $40,000 and a VIP trip for two to NASCAR After The Lap.
Taking place at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino – Las Vegas, NASCAR After The Lap will feature an unfiltered fan question-and-answer session with the top-12 Chase drivers. General admission seats are free and based on a first-come, first-serve basis. Seats may be reserved at NASCARafterthelap.com until Dec. 1, 2010. From noon to 4 p.m. PT and located in front of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Coca-Cola will present the fan-interactive Coca-Cola Fan Zone complete with The Sprint Experience, Ford vehicles, games, concessions, entertainment and more.
“NASCAR is dedicated to delivering unique marketing platforms to official partners like Ford and Coca-Cola,” said Jim O’Connell, vice president of corporate marketing and international development for NASCAR. “NASCAR After The Lap demonstrates our passion to create a high-quality fan experience, showcases the colorful personalities of our top competitors and delivers results to our valued partners.”
For fans not able to attend NASCAR After The Lap, NASCAR.com will offer a web cast while SIRIUS XM Radio will broadcast the event live on SIRIUS NASCAR Radio channel 128.
Leading up to the Dec. 2 event, fans have two additional ways to get involved with NASCAR After The Lap:
- “SEND ME 2 VEGAS”
- After entering the “SEND ME 2 VEGAS” sweepstakes, fans can submit a message to their favorite NASCAR driver at NASCARafterthelap.com and at Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup races at The Sprint Experience and the Ford and Coca-Cola displays at select races.
- Fans’ messages will be compiled and assembled into a card featured during NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
- The “SEND ME 2 VEGAS” sweepstakes’ winner will present a version of the card to the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ChampionTM live at NASCAR After The Lap.
- Coca-Cola Chase for Charity
- The Coca-Cola Chase for Charity is an online auction that allows fans to bid on collectible, autographed items. Bidding begins Monday, Sept. 20 and concludes Friday, Dec. 3 at 8 p.m. ET. Proceeds benefit The NASCAR Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit entity that embodies the compassion of the NASCAR family and its commitment to serving communities.
To enter the “SEND ME 2 VEGAS” sweepstakes, visit NASCARafterthelap.com or enter at select tracks. See Official Rules for details. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by JHE Production Group Inc. and is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. ET Sept. 15, 2010, and ends at 2 p.m. ET Nov. 21, 2010.
For more information, visit NASCARafterthelap.com.