Carl Edwards – NSCS CALIFORNIA ADVANCE
Team: No. 99 Aflac Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Bob Osborne
Chassis: RK-702 Most recently raced at Atlanta where he
Edwards, NSCS at Auto Club Speedway:
Date Event S F Laps Led Status Money
2-21-10 Auto Club 500 31 13 250/250 0 Running $134,148
10-11-09 Pepsi 500 11 6 250/250 0 Running $158,356
2-22-09 Auto Club 500 25 7 250/250 1 Running $155,181
8-31-08 Pepsi 500 26 6 250/250 0 Running $153,300
2-25-08 Auto Club 500 9 1 250/250 64 Running $340,500
9-2-07 Sharp Aquos 500 19 2 250/250 0 Running $185,450
2-25-07 Auto Club 500 21 29 247/250 0 Running $ 92,200
9-3-06 Sony HD 500 24 4 250/250 2 Running $142,725
2-26-06 Auto Club 500 22 3 251/251 0 Running $165,550
9-4-05 California 500 1 4 254/254 21 Running $152,125
2-27-05 Auto Club 500 19 5 250/250 33 Running $125,600
9-5-04 Pop Secret 500 19 6 250/250 0 Running $136,792
Races Wins Top-5s Top-10s Poles Led Money
Cumulative 12 1 6 10 1 121 $1,941,927
Carl Edwards on racing at Auto Club Speedway:
“We had a really good run at Kansas and the strength of the Roush Fenway organization is as good as it’s ever been. We’re going to California which is a track we’ve had a lot of success at, and we’ve run very well as a team there. This is a track on the Chase schedule that I feel very confident at and feel like we have a great shot at a win there.”
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Auto Club Speedway:
“Historically California has been a really good track for Carl. He has finished in the top 10 in all but two of his Cup races there. The car we are taking was new at Atlanta in September and finished second so we feel it will be very competitive at California. We had another solid run last weekend at Kansas which moved us to within 53 points of the lead. With seven races left we have to keep chipping away at the points and keep working toward that win.”
- Carl Edwards enters California fourth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup point standings, 53 markers behind point leader Jimmie Johnson. He has earned seven top-five,16 top-10 finishes and two poles this season.
- FOR THE RECORD… In 12 starts at the two-mile California track, Edwards has one win, one pole, six top-five and 10 top-10 finishes. His average start is 18.9, and his average finish is 7.2 which is second only to Jimmie Johnson’s 5.5. Edwards has completed 3002 of 3005 (99.9%) of laps attempted at Auto Club Speedway.
- IN THE LOOP… According to NASCAR’s Loop Statistics compiled over the last 12 races at Fontana, Edwards has turned 143 of the track’s fastest laps, spent 2148 laps in the top 15 and led a total of 121 laps. Edwards’ driver rating is fourth best among active drivers.
- CUE THE DUCK… The Aflac Duck will make his first at track appearance to join Edwards and the team in honoring children battling cancer by wearing Beads of Courage necklaces. Beads of Courage is a non-profit whose sole mission is to support children with cancer and other serious illness through art based programs. By collecting courage beads earned for various procedures and milestones throughout their treatments, children chronicle their journeys through a coded system.
- ON THE TRACK…The No. 99 Aflac crew will unload RK-702 for the weekend. Edwards finished second with it at Atlanta in September when it was new.
- REWIND, CALIFORNIA, October 2009…Edwards battled a loose race car and trouble in the pits. He was as far back as 21st with 21 laps to go, but good pit strategy and a fast race car in the end helped him climb all the way up to finish sixth.