David Ragan – NSCS ADVANCE
Team: No. 6 UPS/United Way Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Drew Blickensderfer
Chassis: Primary: RK-617 Last ran Atlanta – finished 19th
Backup: RK-620 Last ran Vegas – finished 23rd
Ragan, NSCS at Charlotte Motor Speedway:
Date Event S F Laps Led Status Money
5-30-10 Coca-Cola 600 35 24 400/400 1 Running $99,350
10-17-09 Bank of America 500 29 20 334/334 0 Running $82,925
5-25-09 Coca-Cola 600 34 24 227/227 0 Running $102,325
10-11-08 Bank of America 500 13 10 334/334 1 Running $94,875
5-25-08 Coca-Cola 600 5 12 400/400 2 Running $115,100
10-13-07 Bank of America 500 31 40 231/337 0 Running $97,275
5-27-07 Coca-Cola 600 13 37 219/400 0 Accident $120,025
Races Wins Top-5s Top-10s Poles Led Money
Spring 4 0 0 0 0 3 $436,800
Fall 3 0 0 1 0 1 $275,075
Cumulative 7 0 0 1 0 4 $711,875
Ragan on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway:
“I’m looking forward to running the United Way paint scheme this weekend in the only night race in the Chase. It’s amazing how much money UPS has been able to raise for such a good cause; I’m honored to have United Way on our car. Drew and I are getting better every week, so another week together will be good. If we continue the way we’ve been working together we should earn a good finish for UPS and the United Way.”
Crew chief Drew Blickensderfer on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway:
“Five-hundred miles at Charlotte is a long race, so we’ll need to take care of our car during practice to survive the race. It’s a long race and as the temperatures cool down during the night you need to build adjustability into your setup. Charlotte is a hometown track so we all want to get a good finish in front of our friends and family. We’ve had good speed lately and it would be great to get a good finish at Charlotte with our special United Way paint scheme on our UPS Ford.”
• UPS will feature the United Way logo in a special design this weekend in Charlotte. The tribute to the charitable organization follows a United Way announcement earlier this summer that UPS had become the first corporate donor ever to surpass $1 billion in contributions to United Way. David Ragan’s fire suit and helmet from the weekend will be available for auction beginning Friday, October 15 at www.liveunited.org/thanksUPS.
• Ragan has seven prior Sprint Cup Series starts at Charlotte Motor Speedway. His best finish came in the fall of 2008 when he finished 10th.
• Ragan has competed six times in the Nationwide Series at Charlotte in which he has three top-10 finishes.
• Ragan made one Camping World Truck Series start at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 2006. He qualified 12th and finished 25th.
• UPS Maximum Center Recognition—Charlotte Motor Speedway
The Lancaster Center (SLIC – 2971) in the South Atlantic District has been selected as the UPS Maximum Center for this weekend’s race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The Lancaster Center, was selected for its exceptional safety, cost and service performance, which includes range of dispatch, exception scan and delivery scan frequency.