DAVID REUTIMANN QUICK FACTS
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Dollar General 300
October 15, 2010
• Rexall ™ colors on the hood and David Reutimann behind the wheel of the No. 11… The No. 11 will sport a new primary sponsor this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The orange and blue Rexall car makes its debut in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) as the nearly 100 year-old line of health care products makes their debut exclusively at Dollar General stores around the country. Reutimann will also be behind the wheel of the No.11 Rexall Toyota at Texas Motor Speedway and Homestead-Miami Speedway in November.
• Reutimann back in the Nationwide Series… The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) driver is a familiar face at Braun Racing, making a total of 15 NNS starts for the team since 2009, including three starts in the Beringer Vineyards Camry in 2010. He has racked up two top-five and eight top-10 finishes for the team. Overall, he has 118 NNS starts and is credited with one win, three pole awards, 17 top-five and 43 top-10 finishes.
• Charlotte Motor Speedway: By the numbers… Reutimann has six NNS starts at Charlotte Motor Speedway with an average start of 17.3 and an average finish of 21.6. He has one NSCS win in seven starts at the 1.5-mile quad-oval.
• Final 2010 appearance of the ‘new car’… This weekend’s Dollar General 300 will mark the final appearance of the NNS ‘new car’ in 2010 before the car goes full-time in 2011. The other ‘new car’ races this season included Daytona International Speedway in July, Michigan International Speedway in August and Richmond International Raceway in September.
• Dollar General Serving as title sponsor at Charlotte… Longtime Braun Racing marketing partner, Dollar General, will serve as title sponsor for this weekend’s race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
• Braun Racing acquired by Turner Motorsports… Last week, it was announced that Turner Motorsports acquired select assets of Braun Racing. The team will continue to operate as Braun Racing for the remainder of the 2010 season. Plans for Turner Motorsports in 2011 include fielding three entries in both the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) and the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS). The NNS driver lineup will be announced in October.
Reutimann on the ‘new car’
“This will be my first race in the Nationwide Series’ ‘new car’. I’m excited to try my hand in one of these cars and I think my experience in the COT will really work in my favor. I won at Charlotte in the COT in 2009, so hopefully that experience will help me bring home a good finish in the Rexall Toyota. I want to thank everyone at Braun Racing, Turner Motorsports and Dollar General for giving me the chance to race the Rexall Camry this season and hopefully we can bring home a win for Rexall and Dollar General in the Dollar General 300!”
Follow the No. 11 Rexall Team on Twitter! http://twitter.com/No11BraunRacing
Follow David Reutimann on Twitter! http://twitter.com/DavidReutimann
Become a Braun Racing fan on Facebook! http://facebook.com/BraunRacingFans
The No. 11 Rexall team will hit the track with chassis #BR107 this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. This chassis last saw track time in Michigan (August, 2010) and in Richmond (September, 2010).
Career NASCAR Nationwide Series NNS at Charlotte Motor Speedway
No. Starts: 118
Top-5 Finishes: 17
Top-10 Finishes: 38
Average Start: 17.1
Average Finish: 15.6
Laps Led: 503 No. Starts: 6
Top-10 Finishes: 0
Top-15 Finishes: 0
Average Start: 17.3
Average Finish: 21.7
Laps Led: 0