No. 5 Randy Moss Motorsports International Truck/Monaco RVs Toyota Tundra News and Notes
• This Week’s Tundra… The No. 5 International Truck/Monaco RVs Toyota Tundra team and driver Mike Skinner will race MDM-106 in Saturday’s 200-lap NCWTS event at Martinsville Speedway. Earlier this season, Skinner was behind the wheel of MDM-106 running fourth at Martinsville Speedway when contact with another competitor eliminated his chance of victory. More recently, the International Truck/Monaco RVs team competed with MDM-106 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway and finished in the 13th position.
• Success at Martinsville Speedway… Skinner has visited victory lane three times at Martinsville Speedway tying him with Dennis Setzer as the winningest NCWTS driver at the Virginia short track. Known for starting up front, Skinner’s three poles rank him second on the all-time list for NCWTS poles at Martinsville Speedway. The 53-year-old veteran leads all NCWTS competitors with 608 laps led around the 0.526-mile track.
• Little Skinner… Be on the lookout for Skinner’s “Mini Me” prior to the race on Saturday afternoon. Skinner’s grandson will join him for the weekend at Martinsville Speedway and will be wearing a firesuit with the International Truck/Monaco RVs colors just like his grandpa.
• Toyota Loyalty… Skinner is the only driver to have piloted a Toyota Tundra in every NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race. The two teamed up in 2004 when the manufacturer entered the NASCAR arena.
• Watch and Listen… The Kroger 200 will be broadcast live on SPEED with coverage beginning at 12:30 p.m. EST on Saturday, October 23. Live flag-to-flag coverage can also be heard on MRN Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 128, beginning at 12:45 p.m. EST.
Mike Skinner on driving at Martinsville Speedway
“I can’t wait to go back to Martinsville [Speedway]. It’s a track where I’ve had a lot of success in all different aspects of my career, and it’s a place that I always look forward to. I’ll have one of my grandsons with me for the race this weekend, so that makes it even more special. He only comes to a handful of races each season, but we always have a lot of fun when he’s at the track. The International Truck/Monaco RVs team has been hard at work the last few weeks; between testing and a few other things they’ve done, I think we’ll have a very competitive Toyota Tundra this weekend.”
Crew Chief Stacy Johnson on racing at Martinsville Speedway
“Mike has been extremely competitive at Martinsville [Speedway]. Our team had a great truck there earlier this season and I think the International Truck/Monaco RVs team has only improved since then. We had a good test at Gresham Motorsports Park and successful trips to both the wind tunnel and seven-post to prepare our truck. I think you’ll see the No. 5 Toyota Tundra racing near the front of the field before the checkered flag falls on Saturday.”