Dodge Motorsports NNS Race Advance
O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge
Texas Motor Speedway
Saturday, Nov. 6, 2010
• Dodge is seeking its first NASCAR Nationwide Series championship – its
seventh overall title covering the three NASCAR national series..
• Dodge’s last NASCAR championship was in 2005 when Ted Musgrave won the
Camping World Truck Series title.
DID YOU KNOW
Dodge driver Brad Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes
(23), top-10 finishes (26) and laps completed in 2010. He has completed all
but one of the 5,884 laps contested this season. Keselowski has led the field
for 1,146 of those circuits, marking the first time he has led more than 1,000
laps in a season.
JUSTIN ALLGAIER – No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge
• Has earned four-consecutive top-10 finishes in his last four NASCAR
Nationwide Series starts.
• Earned his first Nationwide victory earlier this year at Bristol Motor
Speedway, leading a 1-2 finish for Penske Racing and Dodge.
• Has one win along with nine top-five and 19 top-10 finishes, an average
starting position of 11.7 and an average finish of 11.6.
• Currently fourth in the season point standings, best among full-time
Nationwide Series-only drivers.
• Has two poles this season, most recently at Gateway two weeks ago.
• Has finished in the top 15 in nine of the last 10 races.
• In the top five in points all season.
• Was the 2009 Nationwide Series Rookie of the Year.
BRAD KESELOWSKI – No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger
• Seeking his first NASCAR Nationwide Series championship.
• Can mathematically clinch the championship for Dodge and the first NASCAR
title for Penske Racing this weekend at TMS with a finish of 21st or better or
a 391-point advantage at the conclusion of the race.
• Currently leads the Nationwide Series standings by 485 points over Carl
Edwards – his largest lead of the season. He has led the point standings the
last 25 races.
• Earned back-to-back wins at Talladega and Richmond and has four wins in
• Has a NASCAR record 99 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF
(Did Not Finish).
• His 2010 Nationwide Series totals in addition to the five wins include 22
top-five and 25 top-10 finishes.
DODGE NATIONWIDE SERIES QUOTES
“We’re close, but nothing has been decided yet. Our attitude going into this
weekend is that we are behind in points, which we are in the owner’s
standings. Regardless of how this season turns out, I’m proud of this team.
To come out of the box like we have, with a brand-new team, is pretty
remarkable. I told Mr. Penske when I made the move to Penske Racing that I
wanted to run the full Nationwide Series schedule because I thought we could
be very competitive. We were able to attract great sponsors in Discount Tire
and Ruby Tuesday. We were able to bring in talented people, including my crew
chief Paul Wolfe. To be in position to win the first NASCAR championship for
Penske Racing is something that I take a tremendous amount of pride in. It’s
the culmination of a lot of hard work by a lot of people.”
Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger
“Texas is a fun place. It’s a fast mile-and-a-half track that has a lot of
bumps in Turns 1 and 2. It’s got very different banking characteristics than
Charlotte or Atlanta. It’s a place where you race hard every lap. We’ve had
some decent races there, but the fall race has always seemed to be a weak
point for us.”
Justin Allgaier, No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger