JASON LEFFLER QUICK FACTS
No. 10 ABF Toyota Camry
November 20, 2010
· Leffler back behind the wheel of the No. 10 ABF Toyota Camry… In the 2010 season-finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS) this weekend, Leffler will pilot Turner Motorsports’ No. 10 entry. During the 2010 season, Leffler has spent time behind the wheel of the No. 10 for eight races and the No. 38 for the balance of the full NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) schedule.
· Leffler looking to finish the seventh in the driver championship point standings…. Going into the NNS race last weekend at Phoenix, Leffler was sitting eighth in the driver point standings and had the potential to take over seventh. Unfortunately, an engine failure cut his day short and, as a result, he dropped two spots in the standings to 10th. With a strong finish this weekend at HMS, Leffler could potentially work his way back up to finish the year in the seventh-place, of which he is currently 80 points behind.
· Leffler lucky in the No. 10… Leffler has certainly had an up and down season in 2010, but his luck seems to turn positive when he climbs behind the wheel of the No. 10 Toyota. In seven races behind the wheel of the No. 10, he has claimed three top-five and six top-10 finishes.
· Leffler a solid contender at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS)… In seven NNS starts at the 1.5-mile oval, Leffler has a pair of fourth-place finishes (2003 and 2008) and has finished outside of top-20 on only one occasion. He has an average start of 17.3 and an average finish of 14.0 with zero DNF’s.
· Leffler and Turner Motorsports teammate, Reed Sorenson, to participate in the NASCAR Championship Drive! Leffler and Sorenson will participate in driver Q&A and sign autographs for fans on Thursday, November 18 from 12:30-2:00 p.m. ET. The two-day fan festival will take place in Miami’s South Beach. Included in the festivities will be a grand-arrival parade of NASCAR race team “haulers” convoying on Miami Beach to kick off the free two-day fan fest and concert. Scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m. on Miami Beach at Lummus Park (between 7th and 9th Streets), is the award winning Zac Brown Band.
· Turner Motorsports 2011 plans announced… Recently, Turner Motorsports announced that its driver line-up for the 2011 season will include the return of a number of familiar faces such as Kasey Kahne, Reed Sorenson, Jason Leffler, James Buescher, Ricky Carmichael and USAC superstar, Brad Sweet. The team has also added NNS standout, Justin Allgaier, to their stable of drivers. Turner Motorsports will continue their relationship with General Motors and the Chevrolet brand and has created alliances with Hendrick Motorsports, who will provide engine support for both its NNS and NCWTS programs, Kevin Harvick Inc. for body and aero support, and Earnhardt Technology Group for drive train and suspension technology assistance. The team will field three full-time entries in both the NCWTS and NNS.
· Leffler on SIRIUS’ Morning Drive every Wednesday… Don’t forget to tune in to SIRIUS Radio’s “Morning Drive” with Mike Bagley and Pete Pistone every Wednesday at 10:30am to hear Leffler’s take on recent events in the Nationwide Series and what you can expect from the week’s upcoming race.
Leffler on the 2010 racing season
“Well, this has definitely been a rocky season. It’s been so frustrating because so many things have happened out of our control. Mechanical failures have really been an issue for us this year and that’s hard to take when everyone works so hard throughout the week and the weekend to get these cars ready to race. I just can’t thank our sponsors, especially Great Clips and ABF Freight, enough for sticking with us through thick and thin. They have been such a great supporters of us over the years and I am so proud to represent them both on and off the track for the last five years.
Looking ahead, I can honestly say I only see great things for Turner Motorsports. Steve Turner is a racer at heart and is doing everything that needs to be done to ensure that we will come out of the box in Daytona, battling for wins each and every week. We have already turned our focus to 2011, have re-established our goals and are starting to work towards achieving those goals. When we hit the track in 2011, we will be ready to contend for the championship.”
The No. 10 ABF team will unload chassis #023 in this weekend’s Ford 300. Leffler has driven this car to a total of four top-10 finishes including races at Kansas Speedway (10th), Chicagoland Speedway (5th), Atlanta Motor Speedway (7th) and Texas Motor Speedway (6th)..
Jason Leffler Statistics
Career NASCAR Nationwide Series
No. Starts: 7
Best Start: 10th (2000)
Best Finish: 4th (2003 and 2008)
Average Start: 17.3
Average Finish: 14.0
Laps: 1395/1400 (99.6%)
Laps Led: 0
No. Starts: 257
Top-5 Finishes: 40
Top-10 Finishes: 93
Average Start: 17.4
Average Finish: 17.0
Laps Led: 604