- Bodine Clinched the NCWTS Championship Title Last Week in Phoenix
- Bodine is Third Driver in Truck Series History to Win Multiple Titles, and Clinch Early
- Germain Racing has 22 Truck Series Victories and Nine Pole Awards
- Bodine Owns 21 Truck Series wins with Germain Racing and 36 NASCAR career wins
- Bodine’s 2010 Season Stats include 4 wins, 2 poles, 16 top-fives and 19 top-tens
Mooresville, N.C. (November 16, 2010) – As the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series steers toward Miami, Florida, Germain Racing has a unique ‘advantage’ heading into the 2010 season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Todd Bodine has already been crowned the 2010 Truck Series champion; he’s the third driver in series history to earn the title before the season’s final race. The 2010 Champions are heading to Homestead with only one thing on their mind—win number three at the Miami track.
“We can take a deep breath and go race to win. We don’t have to watch the computer every lap. We can race to win, which is what we like to do. We want to cap off the season with the Germain.com Tundra in victory lane because that’s the best way we can thank everyone who’s poured their heart and soul into this 30 team this year,” said crew chief Mike Hillman Jr. “We go to the track every week to win, We can go race to win 100% this week. No points racing. We’re the 2010 champions—and it feels great.”
The driver of the No. 30 Germain.com Tundra, Bodine agrees that going to Homestead this time around feels different.
“It’s nice to come to Homestead and not have to worry. The last time we ran for the championship, we had to race Johnny Benson at Homestead and it wasn’t quite as enjoyable at the time. It was pretty nerve-racking. To be able to come down here and enjoy it, the success this No. 30 Germain.com Tundra team has had this year, it means a lot,” said Bodine, who is now the third Truck Series champ with multiple titles (2006, 2010).
Bodine attributes his early clinch of this year’s series championship to the consistency and hard work from the Germain Racing team that fields the No. 30 Germain.com Tundra each week.
“Germain Racing has done such a great job. All the guys at the shop and Triad and the guys on the road crew. Mike Hillman Jr. has led this team to another championship. It shows his leadership skills and it shows how good a person he is. We have a never give up attitude — that’s what brought us to this point and got us here. We never give up. We’ve been down and we’ve been laps down and come back and win races. We don’t give up and I’m proud to be the guy that drives this Toyota Tundra for a great race team,” explained Bodine after he clinched the championship in Phoenix.
Mike Hillman Jr. explains that this championship has a different meaning for him and the members of his team.
“Your first one’s always special. It’s really awesome. But, to keep the core group of people together for five years like we have done here at Germain Racing, and to be able to keep our performance level up…This 30 Tundra team has won at least two races each season, we’ve stayed in the top-five in points. To get another championship, it just proves the never give up attitude of Germain Racing is what it’s all about,” explained Hillman.
Bodine is strapping into racing chassis TRD-131 for Friday’s season finale. The truck hasn’t finished outside the top-5 in any of its 11 races. This Toyota has earned three of the team’s four wins this year and two pole awards. Watch Bodine in the No. 30 Germain.com Tundra on Friday, November 19th, at Homestead-Miami Speedway. SPEED will cover Truck Series practice on Friday at 5 PM ET, and live racing at 7:30.
Follow Germain Racing on Twitter @GermainRacing or on the web at Germainracing.com or become a fan on Facebook: Facebook.com/pages/Germain-Racing/198863890135.
When shopping for your new or used car or truck, head directly to Germain.com to find the perfect vehicle or visit your local Germain dealer in Ohio, Florida, or Arkansas. Germain.com is part of Germain Motor Company, a top-25 automotive retail network with 21 dealerships and more than 60 years of experience.
Notes: Bodine, No. 30 Germain.com Tundra
- In Phoenix, Todd Bodine became the third drive in Truck Series history to clinch the championship early, and, to clinch multiple titles
- Bodine has owned the lead in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series championship points since Charlotte
- Germain Racing is only the second team in Truck Series history to earn multiple wins in seven consecutive seasons
- Germain Racing has 22 wins, nine pole awards and one championship
- Bodine’s points lead has set records this season for consecutive weeks for being the largest lead in Series history
- Bodine has four wins and two pole awards in 2010 as well as 16 top-five and 19 top-ten finishes after 24 of 25 races
- Chassis TRD-131 will race at Homestead. The truck has earned 3 wins this year, debuted in the spring at Nashville and hasn’t finished outside the top-five in the 11 races it has been run
- Bodine has earned 21 wins and seven pole awards of Germain Racing’s Truck Series total of 22 wins and nine pole awards
- In five full-time seasons in the Truck Series, Bodine has scored championship finishes of fourth or better, including one championship title in 2006
- Germain Racing competes in NASCAR’s three premier, national series, has earned top-ten finishes in each and consecutive top-ten points finishes in the NNS division. In 2010, Germain Racing expanded its competition portfolio to the NASCAR K&N Pro Series
- Follow Germain Racing @GermainRacing on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook
- Germain Racing is seeking team sponsors. Visit www.GermainRacing.com
- Germain.com is the central website for the Germain Motor Company, a top-25 automotive retail network with locations in Ohio, Florida and Arkansas. Shop Germain.com for your next car or truck purchase