No. 30 Rexall Chevrolet News and Notes
· Reed Sorenson to make his debut in the No. 30 Rexall Chevrolet in Sin City… This weekend, Sorenson is set to make his debut in the Turner Motorsports No. 30 Chevrolet with Rexall adorning the hood and quarter panels of his Impala. Sorenson will also pilot the No. 30 Rexall Chevrolet at Auto Club Speedway, Michigan International Speedway, Kentucky Speedway, the May 28th event at Charlotte Motor Speedway and the September 17th event at Chicagoland Speedway. In addition to swapping car numbers, Sorenson will make a crew swap, working with the No. 30 crew led by veteran crew chief, Stewart Cooper.
· Points leader… After two consecutive top-five finishes, Sorenson is leading the Nationwide Series driver point standings! As the top finishing Nationwide Series championship competitor in the first two races of the season, he sits five points ahead of second-place Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. and seven points ahead of his Turner Motorsports teammate, Jason Leffler (3rd).
· Las Vegas: By the numbers… Sorenson has three Nationwide Series starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS) with his final NNS start at the track coming in 2007. He is credited with two top-10 finishes and has an average starting position of 12.3 with an average finishing position of 15.3.
· Turner Motorsports welcomes back Rexall… After making their NASCAR debut last season, Turner Motorsports is pleased to continue their marketing partnership with Rexall.After one hundred years, the Rexall brand continues its commitment to providing affordable and high quality products to consumers, which is the foundation for its success. Standing the test of time, Rexall has built a rich heritage of making life a little healthier one day at a time. More than 280 Rexall products are available only at Dollar General across first aid, cough and cold, over-the counter medicines, children’s medicines and vitamin and supplements.
· Sorenson and his Turner Motorsports teammates set to tour the Grand Canyon… Sorenson and his teammates, Jason Leffler and Justin Allgaier, will take a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon on Wednesday afternoon, courtesy of Papillon Tour Services of Las Vegas. Coverage of their adventure will air on Saturday, March 5th at 2:30 EST during the NASCAR Countdown show on ABC.
· Start of a new era for Turner Motorsports… The 2011 season marks the start of a new era for Turner Motorsports. The team has expanded in 2011 from a two-truck operation in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) to become the largest stand-alone multi-series team in NASCAR’s top-tier touring series, fielding three entries in the NCWTS and four entries in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS). Three of the team’s regular NNS drivers (Jason Leffler, Reed Sorenson and Justin Allgaier) have been pegged as viable contenders to win the 2011 NNS driver championship.
Reed Sorenson on partnering with Rexall at LVMS “I am really excited to be behind the wheel of the No. 30 Rexall Chevy this weekend in Las Vegas. I go out each week and represent Dollar General on the track and I am excited to extend that representation to the Rexall brand,” Sorenson commented. “It is very important to me to being home another solid finish and extend my points lead! This will be the first race I will be working with Stewart [Cooper, crew chief] and the guys, but I know we will be successful together. Stewart is a great crew chief and we all work so closely at the shop, I know him and all the No. 30 guys really well. It’s going to be a great weekend in Vegas!”
Follow the No. 30 team on Twitter!Twitter.com/No30TurnerNNS Follow Turner Motorsports on Twitter!Twitter.com/TurnerMotorspts Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports