Ford Motor Company Hailed For B2B Efforts in NASCAR, Including more than $200 million in Vehicle Sales to NASCAR Official Partners in 2010
LAS VEGAS, NEV. (March 4, 2011)– Following its historic victory at the 2011 Daytona 500 – the company’s 600th win in NASCAR Sprint Cup – and an extraordinary run of business-to-business deals totaling more than $200 million in vehicle sales to NASCAR partners in 2010 alone, Ford Motor Company was honored with the 2010 NASCAR Driving Business Award today at the first NASCAR Fuel for Business Council Meeting in Las Vegas, Nev.
Ford Motor Company, which has been racing in NASCAR since 1949, has been a proud member of the NASCAR Fuel for Business Council since 2007. The NASCAR Fuel for Business Council is a proprietary platform exclusive to NASCAR’s Official Partners that fosters business-to-business (B2B) development, maximizes resource efficiencies and strengthens the community between NASCAR’s top Partners. Since becoming part of the NASCAR B2B Council, Ford has sold 20,000 vehicles to NASCAR official partners
“Ford Motor Company is woven into the fabric of NASCAR, and we are proud to acknowledge our long-standing partner’s tremendous business-to-business success in our sport,” said Norris Scott, Managing Director, Partnership Marketing & Business Solutions of NASCAR.
“Ford continues to demonstrate leadership, results and is a very active member of the Fuel for Business Council. They work with all of NASCAR’s Official Partners to sell thousands of Ford vehicles as well as create and implement fan sweepstakes and co-marketing platforms.”
In 2010 Ford entered into numerous business-to-business and marketing platforms with NASCAR’s top Official Partners that started in the Fuel for Business Council meetings and ended with highly visible and successful partnerships. Most notable is Ford’s efforts to sell vehicles to other NASCAR Fuel for Business members through their Partner Recognition Program, as well as fleet sales. Through these efforts in 2010, Ford generated more than $200 million in vehicle sales.
“The ‘Driving Business Award’ is a testament to the hard work and dedication Tim Duerr, our Motorsports Marketing Manager, has for the Fuel for Business Council,” said Jamie Allison, director, Ford Racing. “With the full support of Ford Brand Marketing, and our dealers, we are able to fully leverage the network of Official Partners in NASCAR. The co-marketing, promotions and B2B opportunities created through the NASCAR Fuel for Business Council continue to exceed our expectations, and we are pleased and honored to be recognized for these achievements.”
Through its Official Partnership with NASCAR, Ford created a number of “Driving Business” successes in 2010 such as: * Ford sold over 5,000 Partner Recognition Program vehicles through the Fuel for Business Council during the 2010 racing season. Since joining the Council in 2007, more than 20,000 Partner Recognition Program retail vehicles have been sold directly to Official Partners’ employees on the council. In addition, Ford nurtures Fleet relationships with our Official Partners resulting in thousands of additional units per year
* Office Depot and Ford conjointly created a network where Ford dealerships now purchase office supplies through Ford’s corporate purchasing network with Office Depot. As part of the partnership Office Depot associates receive Ford Partner Recognition discounts on new vehicles.
* Formed a DRIVE4COPD partnership that included COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) screening made available to more than 3,000 Ford employees in addition to delivering the important DRIVE4COPD screening message to 300,000 Ford Racing fans.
* In a partnership with 3M, Ford supported two fan sweepstakes in 2010 that generated 200,000+ registrations. For 3M’s promotion, Ford provided brand new 2011 Ford Fiestas as the grand prizes.
* Partnered in Goodyear’s “Support Our Troops” national campaign to give back to the men and women of the US Armed Forces, awarding a new 2011 Ford Taurus to one lucky
* Supported Sunoco in their “Decal Race” sweepstakes by providing a 2011 Ford Explorer as the grand prize
* Implemented partnerships with Bank of America, Goodyear, DuPont and Sunoco that sold more than 1,300 Ford vehicles in 2010 alone.
The prestigious “Driving Business Award” recognizes a NASCAR Official Partner who has driven business and results through their NASCAR Official Partnership on the NASCAR Fuel for Business Council.
To be considered for the award, Fuel for Business Council members must provide quantifiable results in both selling and purchasing with other members of the council as well as deliver demonstrated success in co-marketing promotions within the council.