James Buescher No. 34 EXIDE BATTERIES CHEVROLET
Bristol Motor Speedway – Scotts EZ Seed 300 March 19, 2011 No. 31 Exide Batteries Chevrolet News and Notes
* This Week’s Silverado… The No. 34 Exide Batteries team will bring chassis TMS-107 to Thunder Valley for Saturday’s 300-mile race. TMS-107 is a brand new chassis to the No. 34 Exide Batteries Chevrolet Impala team.
* Welcome Aboard…Turner Motorsports is pleased to announce the addition of Exide Batteries as a marketing partner for the 2011 season. The Atlanta, Ga.-based company will adorn the hood of the No. 34 Chevrolet for a select number of races throughout the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series season in addition to 10 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series events. The leader in automotive batteries is also the Official Battery of NASCAR.
* First Win… Turner Motorsports captured its first win two weeks ago at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Nationwide Series race with Mark Martin and the No. 32 Dollar General Chevrolet. The organization is in its sophomore season of NASCAR competition and has already captured one win, one pole, along with 17 top-five and 37 top-10 finishes.Turner Motorsports has expanded from a two-truck NASCAR Camping World Truck Series operation in 2010 to become the largest stand-alone multi-series team in NASCAR’s top-tier touring series, fielding three entries in the NCWTS and four entries in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS).
* My Full Time Job… James Buescher is competing for the 2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series championship driving the No. 31 Chevrolet Silverado. The 20-year-old Texas-native sits 11th in the championship point standings after three events. He finished in the fifth spot last Saturday night at Darlington Raceway.
* Watch and Listen…The Scott EZ Seed 300 can be seen live on Saturday, March 19th on ESPN. Race coverage will begin at 2 p.m. EST. The event can also be heard live on PRN Radio as well as Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 128.
James Buescher on driving at Bristol Motor Speedway “I am so excited about racing this weekend in Bristol. Turner Motorsports has had a great start to the 2011 season and to be able to get behind the wheel of the No. 34 Exide Batteries Impala is such an honor.
Bristol Motor Speedway is such a great track. Since they reconfigured it a couple of year ago, you can race two wide all day long. Things happen so quickly and you have to be on your toes all day. We just need to keep ourselves in position all day and be there at the end. I have four teammates I can rely on which is a huge advantage. We all have high expectations for this weekend and I cannot wait to get going!
We are so excited to welcome Exide Batteries to Turner Motorsports. They have been a staple in the garage for a long time and I am honored to be able to drive their car. They have a manufacturing plant right across the street and will have a large group of employees and customers at the race so there is a little bit of added pressure to perform. ”
JAMES BUESCHER Personal Statistics: Birthdate:March 26, 1990 Hometown:Plano, Texas Residence:Katy, Texas Marital Status:Engaged, Kris A family man off the track, James Buescher is known for his take no prisoners attitude on the race track. From the time he was 12-years-old, Buescher was winning races and championships in his home state of Texas. Jumping into the seat of fellow Texas-native Steve Turner’s American Speed Association (ASA) Late Model ride in 2006, Buescher has been moving up the stock car ranks with Turner Motorsports ever since. In 2011, he will compete for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) championship in the No. 31 Exide Batteries/Wolfpack Rentals Silverado. In addition, he will compete in a limited number of NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) races for the organization in the No. 30 Fraternal Order of Eagles and ABF Freight Impala. Buescher won his first championship at 14-years-old, competing in the Bandolero Young Gun Series at Texas Motor Speedway. The following year he moved onto the Legend Series and in 2006 partnered with Turner Motorsports to run in the ASA Late Model Series where he captured the championship, Rookie-of-the-Year award and Most Popular Driver award. Over the next two years he raced in various national stock car series, making his ARCA Racing Series, NCWTS and NNS debuts. In his sixth NNS start, in Braun Racing’s No. 32 entry, he claimed his first NASCAR pole award (Memphis Motorsports Park, 2008).
In 2009, he competed full-time in the NCWTS bringing home one top-five and three top-10 finishes. In four ARCA Racing Series events that same year he collected two wins and three top-five finishes. Buescher returned to the NCWTS in 2010, piloting Turner Motorsports’ No. 31 Wolfpack Rentals Silverado for a majority of the season. In 22 starts he finished inside the top-five on six occasions and inside the top-10 10 times. He also made 15 NNS starts with one top-10 finish and claimed Turner Motorsports first NASCAR pole award (Texas Motor Speedway, November). The twenty-year-old will return to the seat of the No. 31 NCWTS entry in 2011 to compete for the championship and will race a limited NNS schedule in the No. 30 Impala.
When Buescher is away from the race track, he enjoys hunting, playing video games, bike riding and spending time with family and friends. Currently, he and his fiancé, Kris, are busy planning their 2012 nuptials!