On the DG Chevy this week: Hefty, Stacker2 Xtra, Quilted Northern, Armor All, Arm & Hammer, Dog Chow, Chex Mix
MARK MARTIN QUICK FACTS
No. 32 Dollar General Chevy
Auto Club Speedway
Royal Purple 300
March 26, 2011
No. 32 Dollar General Chevrolet News and Notes
· Making His Return – Mark Martin makes his return to the No. 32 Dollar General Chevrolet this weekend for the Royal Purple 300 at Auto Club Speedway (ACS). In his last outing with the team at Las Vegas, Martin won the event on the last lap, capitalizing on a solid fuel strategy call by crew chief Trent Owens. Martin will make two additional starts after this weekend with the Dollar General team at Michigan International Speedway and Kentucky Speedway.
· First Visit to Victory Lane for Turner Motorsports – With his victory in the Sam’s Town 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Martin scored the first team victory for the newly expanded Turner Motorsports. The team grew in 2011 from a two-truck operation in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) to become the largest stand-alone multi-series team in NASCAR’s top-tier touring series, fielding three entries in the NCWTS and four entries in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS).
· Martin at Auto Club Speedway – In his two starts at the two-mile speedway, Martin owns one win, two top-fives and two top-10s. He has an average start of 7.0 and average finish of 2.0. Of the 300 laps he’s run in Nationwide Series competition at ACS, Martin has led 190 of them.
· In The Loop… – According to NASCAR Loop Statistics, Martin is at the top of the list in five of 16 categories which rate drivers going into the race weekend from the past 12 races at ACS. The veteran tops the chart in average mid race position (1.0), average finishing position (2.0), average running position (2.4), percentage of laps led (63.3%) and driver rating (146.3).
· One of Two – With Martin’s Nationwide win at Las Vegas earlier this month, he became one of just two drivers to earn a NASCAR national touring series win in each of the last four decades. Martin joins Michael Waltrip, who won the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race earlier this year at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway
· This Week’s Impala – Martin will pilot TMS-118 in this weekend’s Royal Purple 300 at Auto Club Speedway. This was the same chassis that Martin drove to victory at Las Vegas Motor Speedway two weeks ago in the Nationwide Series race.
Martin on working with the Dollar General team again at ACS:
“I’m really looking forward to getting back in that Dollar General Chevy for Turner Motorsports. After winning at Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago I’ve been itching to get back in it. I’ve had some good luck out in California. I’ve only raced in the Nationwide car twice out there – led a lot of laps in both of them and got a win in 2005. I’m hoping that success can continue and we can keep our winning streak alive and make it two in a row for Turner this weekend.”
Follow the No. 32 team on Twitter! @No32TurnerNNS
Follow Dollar General on Twitter! @myDollarGeneral
Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports