JUSTIN ALLGAIER QUICK FACTS
No. 31 Turner Motorsports Chevrolet
O’Reilly Auto Parts 300
Texas Motor Speedway
April 8, 2011
No. 31 Turner Motorsports Chevrolet News and Notes
· Justin Allgaier heads to Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) third in points… Allgaier held onto third in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) championship point standings after an 11th -place finish at Auto Club Speedway. The Riverton, Ill-native sits 25-points out of first, just behind second-place Turner Motorsports teammate Jason Leffler. All three championship contending Turner Motorsports drivers are currently in the top-five, with Leffler in second and Reed Sorenson in fifth-place.
· Texas Motor Speedway by the numbers… The 24-year-old Turner Motorsports Chevy driver has five starts at TMS. He is credited with one top-ten finish, and an average starting spot of 15.8, with his best finish of 10th coming in April 2009.
· This week’s Impala… The No.31 Chevy team will hit the track with chassis TMS-121. This is a brand new chassis for the Turner Motorsports team.
· During the off weekend… Allgaier took in short-track action at Martinsville Speedway this past weekend, supporting the Turner Motorsports NCWTS teams as they wheeled around the half-mile track. The Nationwide Series regular tweeted his thoughts on the weekend: “I think a new car Nationwide Series race there would be AWESOME #justsayin.” He went on to tweet, “My thinking is a Friday night truck race, Saturday Nationwide race and Sunday cup race (have to put in lights though).”
· Heading home for Turner Motorsports… The NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) is heading to Turner Motorsports’ home track this weekend. With the team’s original headquarters in Hallettsville, Texas, this is a special track for the organization. Turner’s youngest daughter, Kris, and current Turner Motorsports driver, James Buescher, have both won championships for the organization racing Bandolero cars at the 1.5-mile tri-oval. Buescher captured the organization’s first NASCAR pole award in the November NNS event.
Justin Allgaier on Texas Motor Speedway
“Texas is a race track that has been both good and bad to me, with Turner Motorsports being based out of nearby Houston we all want to step up and run well at Mr. Turner’s home-track. We’ve had a strong start to the 2011 season and hope to continue our success.”
Follow the No. 31 team on Twitter! Twitter.com/No31TurnerNNS
Follow Justin Allgaier on Twitter! Twitter.com/J_Allgaier
Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook! Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports