Brian Scott No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota Aaron’s 312 at Talladega Superspeedway
No. 11 Shore Lodge Team Notes of Interest
· Brian Scott and the No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota team travel to Talladega Superspeedway for the second restrictor-plate race of the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series season for this weekend’s Aaron’s 312.
· Scott has only one previous start at Talladega in Nationwide Series competition. He led one lap in route to a 10th-place finish at Talladega in 2010.
· In addition to the lone Nationwide Series start at Talladega, Scott has made two career starts at Talladega in Camping World Truck Series competition. Scott finished seventh after leading a lap during his first start at Talladega in 2008. He finished 23rd in Truck Series competition after getting caught up in an accident during the 2009 event at Talladega.
· Last Race: Scott earned a top-10 finish at Texas Motor Speedway during last weekend’s O’Reilly Auto Parts 300 at the 1.5-mile track. Scott started the race from the 13th position and led once for a total of two laps before finishing the race in 10th place. It is the second top-10 finish of the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series season for the Idaho native. The laps he led at Texas were the first laps led by the No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota team in 2011.
· Scott gained another position in the NASCAR Nationwide Series driver point standings following his 10th-place finish at Texas. He is currently in eighth place in the standings, 15 points out of the top five and 45 points behind the championship point leader Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
· Chassis #110 is the car Scott will race this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. This is the same car Scott raced during the season-opening race at Daytona in which he qualified 11th. Scott was caught up in an accident on lap 15 and spent several laps in the garage for repairs. He eventually finished the race in 34th place. The team put a new front clip on the car and has made it race ready for this weekend’s event. The backup car is Chassis 115 which was the backup car for Daytona and has not yet been raced.
· The car is a brand new chassis for Joe Gibbs Racing. The backup car for the race will once again be Chassis #106. This chassis has been the backup for all of the races in 2011 and is also new for this season. The car was used at the test in which Scott participated at the Walt Disney World Speedway in January.
· To access information on Brian Scott and No. 11 Team visit: www.joegibbsracing.com and follow twitter.com/bscottracing and twitter.com/joegibbsracing.
Scott Quotes on the upcoming race at Talladega Superspeedway: “I’m looking forward to going back to Talladega and working more and trying to get better at the two car drafts. I felt like I struggled and was behind. I didn’t get much practice with that at Daytona and it ended up biting us and we didn’t get a good finish. We’ll go there and try to work on that – master that – and hopefully get a good finish and move on.”
No. 11 Shore Lodge Team Primary Team Members: Crew Chief – Kevin Kidd Car Chief – Colan Ingle Engine Builder – Mark Cronquist
Lead Engineer – Kenneth Oates Engine Specialist – Dan Bajek Spotter – Tim Fedewa Over-The-Wall Crew Members: Jackman – David O’Dell Front Tire Changer – Nick Krizmanich Front Tire Carrier – Tom Dean Gas Man – Chris Webb Rear Tire Changer – Rocco Antonino Rear Tire Carrier – Ben Stege Other Crew Members: Truck Drivers – Charles Sampson Tire Specialist – Ryan Martin Shock Specialist – Scott Myers
Mechanic – Ben Chase Mechanic – Tony Hamm