Dodge Motorsports NNS Race Advance
BRAD KESELOWSKI, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T
Career Starts: 145
Top Fives: 61
Top 10s: 86
· Keselowski is the defending event champion. He led five times for a total of 11 laps en route to his Nationwide win at Talladega last spring.
· The defending NASCAR Nationwide Series champion.
· Earned Penske Racing its first NASCAR champion last season.
· Set career-best results in 2010 in wins (6), top fives (26), top 10s (29) and poles (5).
· Set a NASCAR record 102 consecutive Nationwide Series races without a DNF (Did Not Finish) that ended at this year’s season-opening race at Daytona Int’l Speedway.
· First Nationwide victory came at Nashville Superspeedway (2008).
SAM HORNISH JR., No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger R/T
Career Starts: 22
Top Fives: 0
Top 10s: 0
· Will be making his first Nationwide Series start at Talladega.
· 2011 finishes: Daytona – 36th and Texas – 12th.
· Made his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut with Penske Racing at Phoenix Int’l Raceway in the fall of 2006.
DID YOU KNOW
· Brad Keselowski’s last Nationwide win came at Gateway in October (nine races). His last pole came at Michigan in August (18 races).
· Sam Hornish will be making only his third Nationwide start of the season (Daytona & Texas).
· Brad Keselowski will be a guest of the popular SPEED Channel show, “Trackside Live” from Talladega on Friday evening. The show will air at 7 p.m. (ET).
· Hornish finished 16th in last weekend’s NNS race in Texas.
DODGE DRIVER QUOTES “Last year’s Nationwide Series race at Talladega was one of the most unique races I’ve ever been a part of. The gamut of emotions that I ran through was pretty insane. It went from thinking I wouldn’t be able to even compete, due to the carbon monoxide levels that I was showing following the Cup race, to winning my first race for Penske Racing. We were off to a great start to the season and I remember sitting in the infield care center thinking ‘Well, there goes the championship.’ I should still apologize to everyone in the care center that day because I was pretty upset. But everything worked out and we were able to go to Victory Lane. We took the point lead back that day and never looked back.” Brad Keselowski No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T
“I love restrictor-plate races because they are very mentally challenging, you are constantly thinking ahead and trying to position yourself to be in the lead draft at the end of the race. They remind me of the 1.5-mile races in the IndyCar Series because many of them came down to making your move at the last possible minute. Our Alliance Truck Parts Dodge should be strong this weekend. Having the opportunity to race two weekends in a row allows me and the crew to get into a rhythm. We’re looking to have a big weekend, although, Talladega has always been a wildcard race and it always will be.” Sam Hornish Jr. No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger R/T