Joey Logano No. 20 Home Depot Toyota Camry Crown Royal 400 at Richmond International Raceway
The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest
· It’s back to the short track for Joey Logano and The Home Depot Team this weekend for the 400-lap race at Richmond International Raceway. Logano will be making his fifth start at the .75-mile track. He has finished inside the top 20 in all four NASCAR Sprint Cup races at the track including a fourth-place run last September.
· About the last race: The Home Depot Team and Logano raced to their first top-10 finish of the season at Talladega Superspeedway on April 17. Logano, despite losing his drafting partner in the final laps, was able to find a car and push his way to a 10th-place finish.
· Logano will run a Home Depot-themed Late Model Stock Car in the fourth annual Short Track Showdown to benefit his Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Denny Hamlin’s Foundation on Thursday night at Richmond International Raceway. The event will feature more than eight NASCAR drivers, celebrities and local racers battling it out on the short track to raise funds for individuals and families suffering from cystic fibrosis. The foundation also supports organizations like The Children’s Hospital of Richmond, St. Jude’s Hospital and Victory Junction.
· The Home Depot Team and Logano gained four positions in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings following the race at Talladega Superspeedway and now sit 24th. They are 12 points behind David Ragan who is 20th in the standings, and 66 points out of the top10.
· Welcome aboard The Home Depot associates from store #4412 in St. George, Utah. The store number will ride along with Logano under the lights this weekend on the rear quarter panel of The Home Depot Toyota.
· The No. 20 Home Depot Team is taking chassis #303 to Richmond this weekend for the Crown Royal 400. This chassis has never been raced; however it has seen practice laps this season at Martinsville Speedway. The chassis received extensive damage in practice and a back-up car was utilized for the race. The back-up chassis is chassis #278 which Logano drove most recently at Bristol in March.
· To access information on The Home Depot Team visit: www.joegibbsracing.comand follow twitter.com/homedepotracing, twitter.com/joegibbsracingand twitter.com/jlogano.
Logano Quotes: On Hamlin’s Charity Event: “Denny’s charity event should be a ton of fun, especially now that it moved to the big track in Richmond. There were so many fans last year that hopefully moving it to RIR will bring in more fans and more money for his charity. I’m driving for a different team this year. It’s a Clint King Motorsports Late Model out of Thomasville, NC. It will be painted up in Home Depot colors again though. I didn’t get to test it last week, so I’m not sure how it will go but at least I get a few practices in before we race.”
On Richmond: “The last few races at Richmond have gone well for the Home Depot Team. We’ve had really good race cars, too. It just takes us a little bit longer in the race to get our car good. Last time we were there, we took off really slow at the beginning of the race and went down a lap. We got our lap back and drove up to fourth – so we finished up there – it just took us a long time to get there. We’re going to focus on starting off a little bit better this time. It seems like the longer the race goes there, the better we get most of the time as the track rubbers up a little bit. I think it helps your team a lot to have all three cars running good there. I’m not running the Nationwide race this weekend, so I can focus solely on the Cup car. We’re finally coming off a top-10 run in Talladega, now we need to carry that momentum and work our way up in the points.”
No. 20 Home Depot Team Primary Team Members:
Crew Chief – Greg Zipadelli Car Chief – Jason Shapiro Engine Builder – Mark Cronquist
Lead Engineer – Jacob Canter Engine Specialist – Michael Johnson Spotter – Mark Robertson Tire Specialist – Jerold Shires Shock Specialist – Dusty Boyd Second Engineer – Mike Lorusso Mechanics – Scott Geerts, Todd Foster Pit Support – Bill Byrne IT Support – Nathan Boone Truck Drivers – Tom McCrimmon, Scott Crowell Over-The-Wall Crew Members: Jackman – Jason Tate Front Tire Changer – John Royer Front Tire Carrier – Brett Morrell Gas Man – John Eicher Rear Tire Changer – Coleman Dallarhide Rear Tire Carrier – Eric Groen