Kevin Harvick No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet Crown Royal presents the Matthew and Daniel Hansen 400 at Richmond International Raceway
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* After a weekend off, Kevin Harvick and the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet team travel to Richmond (Va.) International Raceway for Saturday’s Crown Royal presents the Matthew and Daniel Hansen 400.
* Harvick will be available to members of the media in the Richmond International Raceway infield media center on Friday, April 29 at 10 a.m.
* This weekend the No. 29 Budweiser Chevrolet team will utilize chassis No. 332 from the Richard Childress Racing NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stable. Harvick has raced this car twice so far this year. Earlier this month he drove chassis No. 332 to Victory Lane at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway and in February he finished fourth in the same car at Phoenix International Raceway.
* Last year at Richmond, Harvick and the No. 29 team started seventh in the spring race, led one lap and took home a third-place finish. In the fall event at the track, he started 20th and finished ninth.
· In 20 starts at Richmond International Raceway, Harvick has earned one pole award (September 2005), one win (September 2006), five top fives and 13 top-10 finishes. He’s completed 98.6 percent (7,887 of 8,003) total laps and has led 727 laps at the 0.75-mile track. Harvick has an average starting position of 18th and an average finishing position of 12th at Richmond.
· Harvick has scored top-10 finishes in 11 of the last 12 races at Richmond International Raceway. His average finish in that span is 8.6.
· Harvick owns a number of notable loop data statistics at Richmond International Raceway as he enters this weekend’s race: first in laps run in the top 15 (4,425 – 92 percent), first quality passes (379), second in average running position (7.3), second in laps led (680), third in drivers rating (112.1), third in fastest laps run (358), third in average green-flag speed (116.834 mph) and fifth in drivers fastest late in a run.
· Eight races into the 2011 season, Harvick is ranked fourth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver point standings after earning two wins, four top fives and five top-10 finishes.
· This week in Budweiser Racing history: The Budweiser Racing team has gone to Victory Lane at Richmond International Raceway six times with three different drivers over the span of three decades. In 1984 and 1985 Darrell Waltrip won the fall races at the track in the No. 11 Budweiser Chevrolet. Bill Elliott led 348 of 400 laps in the spring 1992 race at Richmond en route to taking the checkered flag in the No. 11 Budweiser car. During his time as the Budweiser race car driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr. visited Victory Lane at Richmond three times in the No. 8 Budweiser Chevrolet – the spring races in 2000, 2004 and 2006.