REED SORENSON QUICK FACTS
No. 32 Dollar General Chevy
Richmond International Raceway
Bubba Burger 250
April 29, 2011
No. 32 Dollar General Chevrolet News and Notes
· Movin’ On Up… – After a busy week in Nashville, Reed Sorenson and the No. 32 Dollar General team put together another solid finish at Nashville Superspeedway. Sorenson scored an eighth-place finish, his third top-10 in as many weeks. The finish moved Sorenson up one spot in the driver point standings to fourth, four points behind leader and teammate Justin Allgaier.
· Sorenson at Richmond International Raceway – In his seven NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) starts at Richmond International Raceway (RIR) Sorenson has recorded two top-five and five top-10 finishes with four laps led. He has an average starting position of 10.3 and average finish of 14.3 with a top finish of fifth, which he scored twice.
· No. Dollar General Team Picture of Consistency – With the exception of a slight hiccup at Bristol Motor Speedway in March, the Dollar General team has been extremely consistent over the first eight races of the season. Between drivers Reed Sorenson and Mark Martin, the No. 32 team has notched one win, three top-fives and seven top-10s. The team is ranked fifth in the owner point standings, 27 points out of the lead.
· Dollar General Exceeds Million Dollar Goal In Autism Awareness Campaign – Throughout the month of April, Dollar General is offering customers the opportunity to make donations to Autism Speaks during check-out to honor Autism Awareness month. Through the generous support and donations from their customers, Dollar General has raised over one million dollars to date for Autism Speaks. The Autism Speaks logo will appear on Dollar General’s NASCAR Nationwide Series No. 32 car, driven by Reed Sorenson, throughout the month of April to raise awareness for the campaign.
· This Week’s Impala – This weekend, Sorenson will pilot TMS-115 in the Bubba Burger 250 at RIR. Sorenson ran this car earlier in the season at Phoenix International Raceway where he finished fifth. The team also took this chassis to Iowa Speedway for the Goodyear Tire test earlier this month.
Sorenson on Friday night racing at Richmond:
“I really enjoy racing on Friday nights- especially at a short track like Richmond. Racing under the lights just adds an element of excitement for us as drivers and most of all for the fans. We continue to put up really consistent finishes with this Dollar General team and I’m excited to carry that momentum into the weekend. We have all the right pieces with this No. 32 group- great cars and motors, a solid team and great sponsor in Dollar General. I’m really hopeful we can put all of them together this weekend and get to victory lane this weekend.”
Follow the No. 32 team on Twitter! @No32TurnerNNS
Follow Dollar General on Twitter! @DollarGeneral
Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports