JUSTIN ALLGAIER QUICK FACTS
No. 31 BRANDT Chevrolet
Royal Purple 200
May 6, 2011
No. 31 BRANDT Chevrolet News and Notes
· Justin Allgaier Heads to Darlington Raceway First in Points… Allgaier took sole ownership of first-place in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) championship point standings after a hard-fought third-place finish at Richmond International Raceway. The Riverton, Ill.-native is nine points ahead of Turner Motorsports teammate, Jason Leffler, who sits in third. All three championship contending Turner Motorsports drivers are currently in the top-four, with Leffler in third place and Reed Sorenson in the fourth spot.
· Darlington by the Numbers… The 24-year-old BRANDT Chevy driver has two NNS starts at Darlington Raceway. He is credited with one top-five and one top-10 finish, with a best start of sixth coming in May of 2010. Allgaier has an average starting and finishing spot of 11.0 and a 100% lap completion rate.
· This Week’s Impala… The No. 31 BRANDT team will hit the track with chassis TMS-121 this weekend at Darlington Raceway. This chassis last saw racing action at Texas Motor Speedway where Allgaier started 11th and crossed the finish line in the sixth position.
· In the Loop… Thus far in 2011, Allgaier ranks among the top-10 in several of NASCAR’s loop data statistics: Closers (1st), Laps in the Top-15 (5th), Percentage of Laps Run on Lead Lap (5th), Fastest on Restarts (7th), Fastest Early in the Run (9th), Green-Flag Speed (10th), Average Running Position (10th) and Quality Passes (10th).
· Mother’s Day… This weekend is a big one for Turner Motorsports marketing partner, the Fraternal Order of Eagles (FOE). The international nonprofit organization is credited with leading the charge to found Mother’s Day. Past Grand Worthy President of the Fraternal Order of Eagles, Frank E. Hering, made the first known public plea for “a national day to honor our mothers” in 1904. In 1914, President Woodrow Wilson officially proclaimed Mother’s Day the second Sunday in May and in 1925 Hering was introduced as the “Father of Mother’s Day”.
Justin Allgaier on Darlington Raceway:
“Any time you think about race tracks with a lot of history, Darlington Raceway is always at the top of the list. It’s an unbelievable track with such unique character. You have to have a different mindset through turns one and two than three and four. The No. 31 team has been on their game this year with great cars and flawless pits tops that have put us in the position we are in. It will be important to stay focused and leave Darlington as the point’s leader.
Follow the No. 31 team on Twitter!Twitter.com/No31TurnerNNS
Follow Justin Allgaier on Twitter! Twitter.com/J_Allgaier
Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports