David Ragan – NSCS ADVANCE
Team: No. 6 UPS Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Drew Blickensderfer
Chassis: Primary: RK-759 Brand new chassis
Backup: RK-730 Last ran Phoenix in 2010 as the No. 99 – finished first
Ragan on racing at Dover International Speedway : “ Dover is a track that we can rebound at after a tough night at Darlington since the Roush cars are notoriously good there. We are taking a new car there this weekend and we’ve had some success so far this season with new cars. I personally enjoy Dover a lot and if I were a fan I’d want to go there and watch a race because the cars just look really cool going around that track. It’s our last chance to win a race before the All-Star race and a perfect place to get back in our rhythm with our UPS Ford.”
Crew chief Drew Blickensderfer on racing at Dover International Speedway : “The team has come a long way since I joined them last fall at Dover. Our cars are better, our pit crew is better and Dover is a track that the Roush cars tend to excel at. The track changes throughout the day as the rubber gets laid down on it, so we’ll have to keep up with the changes throughout the race. Qualifying is also really important and we’ll work to get a good starting position in our UPS Ford.”
* Doverin the fall was the first race that Ragan and Blickensderfer were paired up. A loose wheel under green resulted in Ragan going two laps down and finishing 24th, but with a new chassis this weekend they look to rebound.
* Ragan made his Sprint Cup Series debut at Dover in the fall of 2006.
* Ragan has one top-five and three top-10 finishes so far this season, all of which have been when the team has run a brand new chassis.
* Ragan has visited Dover International Speedway nine times in his Sprint Cup career. His best finish came in the fall of 2007 where he qualified 31st and finished 14th.
* Ragan has competed six times in the Nationwide Series at Dover . His best finish came in the fall of 2008 where he qualified fourth and finished ninth.