Carl Edwards– NSCS ALL STAR ADVANCE
Team: No. 99 Aflac Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Bob Osborne
Chassis: RK-726 – Most recently ran at Martinsville in April, finished 18th
Carl Edwards on racing at the Sprint All Star Race: “We’re pulling out all the stops for the All Star race and have some really neat stuff car-wise that I’m excited about. We’ll see if we can finally break through and win this race. We’ve never been able to close the deal. I’m excited to be able to go compete for a million dollars and not have points on the line. It’s just a fun weekend and I’m looking forward to it more than I have any other All Star race. We’re running well enough that I think we have a real shot at this thing.”
Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at the Sprint All Star Race: “It’s an honor to compete in the All Star race, especially since we needed the fan vote to get in it last year. The best we’ve ever finished in it is fourth back in 2006, but I feel our team is much stronger now than in previous years. It’s always fun to race without the pressure of points so everyone on the team is excited for Saturday night.”
* Carl Edwardswill make his sixth appearance in the Sprint All Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway this weekend. In his previous starts he has two top-five and three top-10 finishes.
* ON THE TRACK…Edwards will carry a special “Now Hiring” Aflac paint scheme Saturday night. Aflac is hiring for various positions in all 50 states to keep up with an ever-changing landscape within the industry to maintain the excellent service that has positioned them as the world leader in guaranteed renewable insurance.
* THE CAR…. The No. 99 Aflac crew will be unloading chassis RK-726 for this weekend’s event. Edwards raced this Ford Fusion at Martinsville in April of this year where he finished 18th.
* A LITTLE HISTORY… Roush Fenway Racing has won three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series All Star races. Mark Martin won the event in 1998 and 2005, and Matt Kenseth took the checkered flag in 2004.
* PIT CREW SPOTLIGHT… The No. 99 Aflac crew will participate in the annual Sprint All Star Pit Crew Challenge on Thursday night, May 19 at Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte . The event will be aired at 8 p.m. that evening on SPEED.