JASON LEFFLER QUICK FACTS
No. 38 Great Clips Impala
John Deere Dealers 250
May 22, 2011 Media Contact:
Stacey Thompson | 704-905-1756
No. 38 Great Clips Chevrolet News and Notes
Jason Leffler 2011 NNS Season
Starts Poles Wins Top-fives Top-10’s Avg. Start Avg. Finish DNFs
11 0 0 0 5 14.4 10.9 0
* Statistically Speaking… Leffler has an average finishing position of 3.0 at Iowa Speedway, making it his best track statistics-wise. In his two starts at the .875-mile-track, he has posted two third-place finishes. He has an average start of 10.5. He has a driver rating of 110.7, ranked third among NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) drivers who have competed at the track in the last two seasons.
* Leffler “in the loop” at Iowa…According to NASCAR’s Loop Data Statistics, Leffler is ranked in the top-five in a number of categories at Iowa Speedway including Average Running Position (4th), Closers (5th), Fastest Early in a Run (4th), Green-Flag Speed (5th), Laps in the Top-15 (2nd), Quality Passes (5th) and Speed in Traffic (4th).
* This week’s Impala…. This weekend at Iowa Speedway, the No. 38 Great Clips team will unload chassis TMS-116. This chassis last saw track time at Richmond Int’l Raceway and Phoenix Int’l Raceway, finishing 11th and 10th respectively.
* Turner Motorsports NNS season at-a-glance…In 11 NNS races in 2011, Turner Motorsports-prepared entries have notched one win, nine top-five and 24 top-10 finishes. All three of Turner Motorsports’ full-time NNS drivers hold a place in the top-five in the standings with Reed Sorenson sitting second, Leffler sitting third and Justin Allgaier holding the fifth spot.
* Consistency is key for Leffler in 2011… Leffler is having one of the most consistent seasons of his NNS career boasting five top-10 finishes with zero DNF’s and is sitting third in the NNS driver championship point standings. Compare that to last season at this time when the Long Beach, Calif.-native had just two top-10 finishes, three DNF’s and was tied for ninth-place in the standings.
* Great Clips corporate staff making their way to Iowa…With Great Clips corporate headquarters located just three hours away in Minneapolis, Minn., expect to see a large contingency of folks sporting their Great Clips Racing tees. Over 30 corporate employees and guests will board a bus and make the three-hour trip to Iowa Speedway to cheer on Leffler and the No. 38 team on Sunday.
* Happy 10-Year Anniversary, Great Clips…This season marks Great Clips’ 10-year anniversary as a primary sponsor in the NNS. The Minneapolis-based Great Clips, Inc., which is currently the longest-running primary sponsor in the series, came onto the scene in 2001 as a primary sponsor of Akins Motorsports No. 38 entry, then driven by Christian Elder.
* Leffler on SIRIUS’ Morning Drive every Wednesday… Don’t forget to tune in to SIRIUS Radio’s “Morning Drive” with Mike Bagley and Pete Pistone every Wednesday at 10:30am to hear Leffler’s take on recent events in the Nationwide Series and what you can expect from the week’s upcoming race.
Follow the No. 38 team on Twitter!Twitter.com/No38TurnerNNS
Follow Jason Leffler on Twitter! Twitter.com/JasonLeffler
Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports
Leffler on Iowa Speedway
“You can’t really compare this track to anywhere else we go throughout the year. Turns one and two are pretty bumpy so that is something you have to work on throughout practice. It’s like a short track in length, but it’s also very fast, which makes it unique and challenging in itself. I have finished third each time I’ve been there so I feel pretty confident in our chances there this weekend. We have a large group of Great Clipsemployees from the corporate headquarters in Minneapolis coming and we would love nothing more than to be able to take every single one of them into victory lane with us this weekend!”
About Turner Motorsports: Turner Motorsports, LLC, established in 1999, is in the midst of its sophomore season of NASCAR competition. Owned by Texas-native, Steve Turner, the racing organization has expanded in 2011 from a two-truck operation in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series to become the largest stand-alone multi-series team in NASCAR’s top-tier touring series. Turner Motorsports operates out of an 110,000 square-foot state-of-the art facility in Mooresville, N.C., and will house three entries in the Camping World Truck Series and four entries in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. The team boasts an all-star driver line-up that includes Kasey Kahne, Mark Martin, Jason Leffler, Reed Sorenson, Justin Allgaier, Ricky Carmichael, James Buescher and Brad Sweet. The Chevrolet-backed team has created alliances with General Motors powerhouse teams Hendrick Motorsports, who will provide engine support for both its NNS and NCWTS programs, Kevin
Harvick Inc. for body and aero support, and Earnhardt Technology Group for drive train and suspension technology assistance. Turner Motorsports’ marketing partners include Dollar General, Great Clips, Monster Energy, BRANDT, Rexall, Exide, AccuDoc Solutions, Wolfpack Rentals, Fraternal Order of Eagles and ABF Freight. For more information on Turner Motorsports, visit www.turnermotorsportsllc.com