On the DG Chevy this week: STP, Sparkle, Stacker2, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Arrid, Hanes, Alpo, Hefty
REED SORENSONQUICK FACTS No. 32 Dollar General Chevy Iowa Speedway John Deere Dealers 250 May 22, 2011
· Spirits High After “Monster Mile” Finish -Reed Sorenson posted a third-place finish last weekend at Dover International Speedway, his highest of the 2011 season. This adds to his stats which includes three top-five and seven top-10 finishes, along with six laps led in 11 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) starts. Sorenson boasts an average start of 12.1 and an average finish of 10.5. The Dover finish moved Sorenson into the second spot in the driver championship point standings, just 10 behind the leader.
· Sorenson at Iowa Speedway- Sorenson has only one start at the .875-mile Iowa short-track which came last season. After starting 27th, Sorenson had moved up to the 12th position before losing a right-front tire unexpectedly, only 41 laps into the event. He finished 36th.
· Statistically Speaking – While he boasts solid statistics across the board, Sorenson has risen to the top of three of NASCAR’s Loop Data statistic lists. Sorenson is the top Nationwide Series-only driver (second overall) in both the Fastest Driver on Restarts and Quality Passes categories. Sorenson also leads all drivers in the Pass Differential category with a 51, meaning he has passed more cars (676) than have passed him (625) under green-flag conditions.
· Nationwide Notes – In 11 (NNS) races in 2011, Turner Motorsports-prepared entries have notched one win, nine top-five and 24 top-10 finishes. Reed Sorenson, driver of the No. 32 Dollar General Chevrolet is currently second in the driver point standings and trails leader Elliott Sadler by a slim 10-point margin. Nationwide Series staple Jason Leffler is five points behind Sorenson, in third, while Justin Allgaier, driver of the No. 31 Brandt Chevy Impala fell to fifth after a tough outing last weekend at Dover International Speedway. Still, with an exceptionally tight battle amongst the top five in points, the Riverton, Ill., native is three points behind Leffler, eight back from Sorenson and just 18 markers outside the top spot.
· Heading Out to the Chevy Display -On Sunday morning, Sorenson will join teammate James Buescher at the Chevy display at 11:15 a.m. for a short autograph and Q&A session. The Chevy display is located behind the grandstands by the main entrance gate at Iowa Speedway.
· This Week’s Impala – This weekend, Sorenson will pilot TMS-115 in the John Deere Dealers 250 at Iowa Speedway. This car has been on track at Phoenix and Richmond this season, finishing fifth and 12th respectively, and was the car of choice for the Goodyear tire test at Iowa in April.
Sorenson on heading to Iowa Speedway: “I haven’t had a whole lot of seat time at Iowa so I’m pretty excited we were able to do the tire test there in April. I’m definitely excited to go back because the track is such a great facility and because I’m not real happy with the result the last time we were there, with losing that right front tire so early in the race. We are bringing a good car this weekend and it’s the same one we had at the tire test. Everyone on this Dollar General team is excited to keep the momentum rolling after that great finish we had at Dover. I think if we can get our car dialed in that well again, there will be more good finishes to come – and maybe even a trip to victory lane. I’m excited to see those stands packed again at Iowa and I’m hopeful we can put on a good show for the fans on Sunday.”
Follow the No. 32 team on Twitter!@No32TurnerNNS Follow Dollar General on Twitter!@DollarGeneral Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports Reed Sorenson Career Race by Race NNS Stats at Iowa Speedway Year/Event Start Finish Laps Status Led 2010 – (July) 27 36 41/250 crash 0 Avg. Start Avg. Finish Total Laps Total Led 27 36 41/250 0 Career NNS Stats at Iowa Speedway Starts Poles Wins Top-fives Top-10’s DNFs 0 0 0 0 0 1