Joey Logano No. 20 Home Depot Toyota Camry
Sprint Showdown at Charlotte Motor Speedway
The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest
· The Home Depot Team hopes to make its 13th-consecutive start in the Sprint All-Star Race on Saturday night. Logano and the No. 20 Team will compete in the NASCAR Sprint Showdown and try to race their way into the All-Star event. Logano won the fan vote in 2009 to boost the team into the non-points race and was eligible in 2010 after his victory at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. The Home Depot Team finished third in last year’s main event. The Sprint Showdown will consist of 40 laps and will be run in two 20-lap segments. Three drivers will transfer to the All-Star Race, two by finishing first or second in the Sprint Showdown and the other by receiving the highest number of votes in the Sprint Fan vote while also finishing on the lead lap in the Showdown.
· Logano will participate in the Victory Challenge burnout contest at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Saturday before the Sprint Showdown to defend his 2010 title. Logano will compete against fellow competitors Brad Keselowski, Kurt Busch, Kasey Kahne, Clint Bowyer, Trevor Bayne and his Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Kyle Busch. If Logano wins the $10,000 again, the money will be donated to the USA Hockey Foundation. The Victory Challenge will be televised live on May 21 at 6:00 p.m. ET during SPEED’s pre-race coverage prior to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Showdown and NASCAR Sprint Cup All-Star Race.
· Logano will be in Uptown Charlotte on Wednesday evening for NASCAR Rev’d Up, a free concert and festival put on annually to kick off Sprint All-Star Week. He will take to the stage at 7 p.m. for trivia with the fans and a question and answer session with Miss Sprint Cup before introducing singer-songwriter Josh Kelley at the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
· The Home Depot Team and Logano are now 28th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings (tied in number of points with Brian Vickers in 27th) following the race at Dover International Speedway. Logano is now 43 points out of the top 20 behind Marcos Ambrose.
· Welcome aboard The Home Depot associates from store #468 from Thunderbird, Ariz. The store number will ride along with Logano on the rear quarter panel of The Home Depot Toyota for the Sprint Showdown on Saturday. Logano once flew with the Air Force Thunderbirds on a trip to Las Vegas for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series banquet.
· The No. 20 Home Depot Team is taking chassis #278 to Charlotte Motor Speedway which Logano drove earlier this year at Bristol, to a fourth-place finish at Richmond last fall and to a 17th-place finish at Kansas Speedway.
· To access information on The Home Depot Team visit: www.joegibbsracing.com and follow twitter.com/homedepotracing, twitter.com/joegibbsracing and twitter.com/jlogano.
On the All-Star Race…
“This is such a fun event for the fans. Charlotte is one of my favorite tracks on the circuit and probably my best track. So the plan is to race our way into the main event. I was fortunate and surprised to win the fan vote my first year, hopefully we can lock ourselves in by finishing in the top two and move onto the big show. It’s a great gauge for the Coke 600 and it’s always fun to race under the lights in front of the home crowd.
On the Burnout Challenge…
“There are so many things for the fans to do all week, and I hope the burnout challenge is as fun to watch as it is to participate in. I wasn’t sure what to expect last year and I ended up winning the thing and donating a big check to the USA Hockey Foundation. But who doesn’t love to burn the tires off a car? It’s a freaking blast.”