Carl Edwards – NSCS CHARLOTTE ADVANCE
Team: No. 99 Scotts EZ Seed Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Bob Osborne
Chassis: RK-765 – New chassis
Carl Edwards on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway:
“I’m coming off the best and biggest race and win of the year. Winning the Sprint All-Star race ranks right up there with winning the Daytona 500. I’ve been testing at Road Atlanta with my team and they are still pumped about the win too. We are all excited to go back to Charlotte this weekend and run a much longer race. This is the race that I train and work out for all year. This race is made for me; it’s a long, grueling marathon of a race.”
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway:
“I think everyone on the team is looking forward to racing at Charlotte again this weekend after winning the All Star race last Saturday. That was a huge win for our team, and the pit crew did a great job all night when it really counted. With about five laps to go I considered turning around the All Star car for the 600, but that did not work out in the end. We’ll unload a brand new car this weekend which should be just as fast.”
* Carl Edwards enters the Coca-Cola 600 leading the NASCAR Sprint Cup point standings by 24 points over Jimmie Johnson. In 11 starts this season, Edwards has accumulated one win, six top-five and nine top-10 finishes, and two poles.
* FOR THE RECORD…Edwards will make his 13th Cup start at Charlotte Motor Speedway this weekend. In his previous starts, Edwards has four top-five and seven top-10 finishes. His average start is 19.9, and his average finish is 13.1. Edwards has completed 4183 of 4236 (98.7%) of laps attempted at CMS. Of the 4183 laps Edwards has completed, he has led 36 of them.
* ALL STAR WINNER…Edwards returns to Charlotte looking for another trophy after winning the Sprint All-Star race last Saturday in dominating fashion.
* IN THE LOOP… According to NASCAR’s Loop Statistics compiled over the last 12 races at CMS, Edwards has turned 67 of the track’s fastest laps, spent 2090 laps in the top 15 and led a total of 36 laps. Edwards’ driver rating is 13th best among active drivers.
* ON THE TRACK…The Aflac team will be bringing chassis RK-765 to CMS. This is a brand new chassis with the final Scotts EZ Seed paint scheme of the season.
* REWIND, CHARLOTTE, MAY 2010… Edwards and the team overcame an accident during practice Thursday that relegated them to a back-up car, to finish all 400 laps with a 16th-place finish.