JASON LEFFLER QUICK FACTS
No. 38 Great Clips Impala
Charlotte Motor Speedway
Top Gear 300
May 28, 2011
No. 38 Great Clips Chevrolet News and Notes
* Leffler at Charlotte Motor Speedway (CMS), by the numbers… In 15 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) starts at CMS, Leffler has one-top five and four top-10 finishes. He has led laps in seven of those events for a total of 80 laps led. His best performance at the 1.5-mile track came in the spring of 2004 when he started from the ninth spot and finished fourth, leading for 36 laps.
* This week’s Impala…. This weekend at CMS the No. 38 Great Clips team will unload chassis TMS-127. This has seen track time in races at Dover International Speedway and Darlington Raceway, where Leffler finished 11th and ninth, respectively.
* Lending a Hand to Habitat for Humanity -On Friday morning, Leffler, along with Turner Motorsports teammates Justin Allgaier, Reed Sorenson, James Buescher and crew members, will join Habitat for Humanity of Cabarrus County in a Women Build project in Concord, N.C. The team will be at the build site from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. with drivers available to the media from 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. The “Women Build” was started over 20 years ago in Charlotte, N.C. and is now an international movement accounting for over 1,750 women-built Habitat homes across the United States. Even though the event is termed a “Women Build”, men are encouraged to participate and work in honor of an important woman in their lives.
* Turner Motorsports NNS season at-a-glance…In 12 NNS races in 2011, Turner Motorsports-prepared entries have notched one win, 10 top-five and 27 top-10 finishes. All three of Turner Motorsports’ full-time NNS drivers hold a place in the top-five in the standings with Sorenson sitting second, Justin Allgaier in fourth and Leffler holding the fifth spot.
* Happy 10-Year Anniversary, Great Clips…This season marks Great Clips’ 10-year anniversary as a primary sponsor in the NNS. The Minneapolis-based Great Clips, Inc., which is currently the longest-running primary sponsor in the series, came onto the scene in 2001 as a primary sponsor of Akins Motorsports No. 38 entry, then driven by Christian Elder.
* Leffler on SIRIUS’ Morning Drive every Wednesday… Don’t forget to tune in to SIRIUS Radio’s “Morning Drive” with Mike Bagley and Pete Pistone every Wednesday at 10:30am to hear Leffler’s take on recent events in the Nationwide Series and what you can expect from the week’s upcoming race. Follow the No. 38 team on Twitter!Twitter.com/No38TurnerNNS Follow Jason Leffler on Twitter! Twitter.com/JasonLeffler Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports
Leffler on Charlotte Motor Speedway “Charlotte Motor Speedway provides some really exciting racing. With the fast speeds and three-wide racing, it’s a lot of fun. We all consider Charlotte to be our hometown track and, even though most of us are not from here, this is a place we have all made our home. Winning here would be a really big deal to me. The field is always stacked with a lot of Sprint Cup drivers, so you are racing against the best of the best when you race at Charlotte. It’s a great show for the fans, for sure.” We had a disappointing weekend in Iowa and we have some work to do to get back in the points race, but I have faith in this Great Clips team. I know we will be able to rebound and come away with a strong finish on Saturday.”
Jason Leffler Career Race by Race NNS Stats at Charlotte Motor Speedway Year/Event Start Finish Laps Status Led 2000-13 23 21 199/200 running 3 2000-28 39 36 130/200 crash 0 2003-29 13 11 199/200 running 5 2004-13 9 4 200/200 running 36 2005-31 33 6 200/200 running 0 2006-13 32 18 199/200 running 2 2006-31 28 28 198/2003 crash 8 2007-13 28 31 198/200 running 0 2007-31 27 19 200/200 running 0 2008-13 5 32 175/202 crash 25 2008-31 18 18 200/200 running 0 2009-11 28 6 170/170 running 1 2009-31 33 32 70/200 crash 0 2010-12 40 7 203/203 running 0 2010-31 24 15 200/200 running 0 Avg. Start Avg. Finish Total Laps Total Led 25.3 18.9 92% 80 Jaosn LefflerCareer NNS Stats at Charlotte Motor Speedway Starts Poles Wins Top-fives Top-10’s DNFs 15 0 0 1 4 4
About Turner Motorsports: Turner Motorsports, LLC, established in 1999, is in the midst of its sophomore season of NASCAR competition. Owned by Texas-native, Steve Turner, the racing organization has expanded in 2011 from a two-truck operation in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series to become the largest stand-alone multi-series team in NASCAR’s top-tier touring series. Turner Motorsports operates out of an 110,000 square-foot state-of-the art facility in Mooresville, N.C., and will house three entries in the Camping World Truck Series and four entries in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
The team boasts an all-star driver line-up that includes Kasey Kahne, Mark Martin, Jason Leffler, Reed Sorenson, Justin Allgaier, Ricky Carmichael, James Buescher and Brad Sweet. The Chevrolet-backed team has created alliances with General Motors powerhouse teams Hendrick Motorsports, who will provide engine support for both its NNS and NCWTS programs, Kevin Harvick Inc. for body and aero support, and Earnhardt Technology Group for drive train and suspension technology assistance. Turner Motorsports’ marketing partners include Dollar General, Great Clips, Monster Energy, BRANDT, Rexall, Exide, AccuDoc Solutions, Wolfpack Rentals, Fraternal Order of Eagles and ABF Freight. For more information on Turner Motorsports, visit www.turnermotorsportsllc.com