DAVID REUTIMANN No. 00 TUMS Toyota KANSAS SPEEDWAY
CORNELIUS, N.C. — No. 00 TUMS Toyota driver David Reutimann plans to carry momentum from his season-best, ninth-place finish at Charlotte Motor Speedway Sunday night to Kansas Speedway, another 1.5-mile racetrack. Reutimann’s top two finishes of the year (ninth at Charlotte,13th at Las Vegas) both came on 1.5-mile racetracks. Since Darlington, Reutimann and the No. 00 team have climbed five positions from 28th to 23rd in the point standings.
DAVID REUTIMANN QUOTES
Are you confident with your mile-and-a-half program heading into Kansas? “I think our mile and a half program is really strong. It’s been strong for the last year or so. I feel like we’ve got a pretty good understanding of what the cars need for those types of race tracks. Looking forward to going to Kansas or any mile and a half race track for that matter.”
How similar is the track at Kansas to Chicagoland, where you won last year? “They say in theory — they look the same and there’s a lot of things that resemble. They act different, they drive like completely different race tracks other than the fact that they are mile and a half. You can take setups that are somewhat similar, but it’s unrealistic to think that you can unload with the same stuff that you ran well with at one track and it transfer over. There are some things that transfer over, but you just have to fine tune each setup to each individual race track.”
ADDITIONAL NOTES OF INTEREST
· Fast Relief: Reutimann will sign autographs 6-8 p.m. Thursday at the Aaron’s store, 12108 Shawnee Mission Parkway in Shawnee, Kan. for anyone donating canned goods, blankets or toiletry items to tornado victims in Joplin, Mo. Bobby Labonte (6-8 p.m.) and Michael Waltrip (6-6:45 p.m.) will also make appearances.
· TUM, Ta, TUM, TUM, TUMS! The No. 00 Toyota will feature TUMS as the primary sponsor for the second time in 2011. Reutimann last raced the TUMS colors to a 13th-place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. TUMS also will serve as the primary sponsor at Kentucky, Chicago and Phoenix.
· TUMS on Facebook: Visit www.facebook.com/TUMSto watch TUMS commercials featuring Reutimann and Waltrip, see pre and post race video features, start a virtual food fight with friends and win daily prizes.
· TUMS Fast Relief Zone: Reutimann will sign autographs at the TUMS Fast Relief Zone in the fan midway 9:25 – 9:40 a.m. on Sunday.
· Meet The Driver: Reutimann will sign autographs at the MWR merchandise hauler 8:20-8:40 a.m. on Sunday.
· At Kansas Speedway:Reutimann owns an average start of 23.5, an average finish of 23.3, one top-10 and one lap led in four Kansas starts.
· Testing, Testing: Reutimann and the No. 00 team will join the Goodyear tire test at Kentucky Speedway on Wednesday, June 1. The test is in preparation for the track’s inaugural Sprint Cup Series race on July 9. Sponsor Driver Information Driver: David Reutimann Born: March 2, 1970 Hometown: Zephyrhills, Fla. Resides: Terrell, N.C.
Additional Statistics: Click Here
www.davidreutimann.com At Kansas Year Start Finish Led 2007 25 31 – 2008 40 19 1 2009 13 8 – 2010 16 35 – Broadcast Schedule Date: Friday June 3 P1 1:30 p.m. SPEEDTV H. Hour 4:30 p.m. SPEEDTV
Date: Saturday June 4 Qualify 12:00 p.m. SPEEDTV
Date: Sunday June 5 Race 1:00 p.m. FOX TV