Biffle on Kansas: “Kansas is a unique track that I have always enjoyed racing at. I think I enjoy it because I’ve run well there. We were able to win there last year and finished third there the two years two years before that. We got our only win of the 2007 season at Kansas too, so we know we can get to victory lane in Kansas if we don’t have anything go wrong. We’re working really hard on all fronts to do everything we can to get the 3M Ford into the winner’s circle.”
Erwin on Kansas: “Kansas is a fast track that allows for a lot of good racing and we’ve had a lot of success there. My first win with this team was at Kansas in 2007 and we were able to get to victory lane there again last year. It would be great to repeat that success there this weekend. Kansas is easy on tire wear so that allows for flexibility in pit strategy as far as taking two tires or fuel only. Hopefully that will play into our hands and we’ll have a solid run this weekend. We’re taking the car that we ran well with a couple of weeks ago in the All-Star race and we feel like we should run well with it this weekend.”
• Biffle is currently 11th in the Sprint Cup point standings following his 13th-place finish in Charlotte. He is only 10 points out of the 10th position with 14 races remaining until the Chase.
• Biffle’s average finish at Kansas Speedway is 8.1 from an average starting position of 17.2.
• The No. 16 Ford will have Walgreens on the hood in Kansas this weekend as part of the ACE Brand Products program.
• Oscar O. R. Schwidetzky is credited with the first development of the American-made ACE™ Bandage in 1918. “ACE” stands for “All Cotton Elastic” and has been a trusted brand in elastic bandages for nearly 100 years.
• In 2009, 3M acquired the brand, and today continues the tradition of innovation and quality, focusing on three product areas: Elastic Bandages, Hot/Cold Therapy, and Braces and Supports.