On the DG Chevy this week: Ritz, Ragu, Airwick, Listerine, Glad, Colgate Total, Gain, Eveready
REED SORENSON QUICK FACTS
No. 32 Dollar General Chevy
June 4, 2011
No. 32 Dollar General Chevrolet News and Notes
• Three is a Magic Number – Reed Sorenson and the Dollar General team posted their third consecutive top-five finish over the weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. With respective finishes of third, fourth and fifth in the past three races, Sorenson has quietly moved back toward the lead in the driver point standings and is only two points away from the top spot. In 13 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) races, Sorenson has notched five top-five and nine top-10 finishes with 83 laps led. He has an average start of 11.1 and an average finish of 9.6.
• Sorenson at Chicagoland Speedway – In four NNS starts at Chicagoland Speedway, Sorenson has three top-10 finishes with 30 laps led. In all four starts, Sorenson has finished inside the top-15 and completed all laps attempted. He has an average start of 18.8 and an average finish of 10.2. Sorenson has scored a top finish of eighth on two occasions, once in 2006 and again last season.
• Reading with Reed at Chicagoland – Wanting to do his part to aid in a key initiative to sponsor Dollar General, Sorenson will be reading to a group of children in the Kids Club Zone at Chicagoland Speedway at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday. Dollar General’s commitment to literacy is a very important aspect of the company’s culture. Co-founder, J. L. Turner, was functionally illiterate when he started the company.
• Turner Motorsports Teaming with STP – Turner Motorsports is very pleased to announce that they are joining forces with STP® this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway, on a weekend in which the iconic brand is serving as title sponsor of the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) race on Saturday and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kansas Speedway on Sunday. The STP® logo, which has long been a presence in the sport, will be prominently featured on each of the team’s four entries in Saturday’s STP 300 – the No. 38 of Jason Leffler, the No. 32 of Reed Sorenson, the No. 31 of Justin Allgaier and the No. 30 to be driven by Mikey Kile.
Armored AutoGroup Inc., headquartered in Danbury, Conn., is primarily comprised of the Armor All® and STP® brands. The current Armor All product line of protectants, wipes, tire and wheel care products, glass cleaners, leather care products and washes is designed to clean, shine and protect interior and exterior automobile surfaces. The STP product line of oil and fuel additives, functional fluids and automotive appearance products has a broad customer base ranging from professional racers to car enthusiasts and “Do-it-Yourselfers”.
• This Week’s Impala – This weekend, Sorenson will pilot TMS-118 in the STP 300 at Chicagoland Speedway. This car was the chassis of choice for teammate Mark Martin in his win at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and his eighth-place finish at Auto Club Speedway.
Sorenson on the night race at Chicagoland Speedway:
“I have really enjoyed racing at Chicagoland Speedway for some reason. It’s a little bit different than other mile-and-a-half tracks that we go to, but I think a night race there is going to be really exciting. I’ve had some pretty decent runs in the couple of starts I’ve had at Chicago, so I’m expecting nothing less this weekend. This Dollar General team has been running really well the past few weeks so I’m excited to see what we can do with this momentum. We’ve just been unloading fast cars and then making all the right adjustments during the practice sessions and race. Chicago is a great market for Dollar General and so I’d love to be able to give all their customers and fans something to cheer about by getting to victory lane.”
Sorenson on carrying the STP logo this weekend:
“We are very proud to have STP return to the Dollar General Chevy this weekend. We have carried STP in different spots on the No. 32 car during the first part of the season as they serve as one of the great vendor partners with Dollar General on our race car. It’s awesome to again be able to carry the iconic colors of STP, as well as have them serve as the race sponsor this weekend at Chicagoland.”
Follow the No. 32 team on Twitter! @No32TurnerNNS
Follow Dollar General on Twitter! @DollarGeneral
Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports