CORNELIUS, N.C. — No. 00 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota driver Brett Moffitt racesSaturdayat Bowman Gray Stadium. Moffitt tested at the 1/4-mile stadium in May witheight-time modified track champion and MWR suspension manager Tim Brown. Moffitt, a Grimes, Iowa native, leadsthe K&N Pro Series East standings after victories at Greenville-Pickens and Iowa Speedways in 2011. Moffitt leads the Toyota contengine of drivers that have won all four events in the East Series. Last weekMoffitt participated in “The Next Nine” at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte—two media days focused on promoting NASCAR’s next top drivers.
BOWMAN GRAY STADIUM: “We’re really looking forward to going to Bowman Gray. We don’t really know what to expect going there because our series has never running a race there before, but our car was really good at the test a few weeks ago. We just focused on getting the car to turn in the middle of the corner and have decent forward-drive off. I think it was very useful being able to go to that track to test and get that experience. Personally, I learned a lot on how to get around there. Tim Brown came out to help us a bit and I have to thank him for that. We learned a lot and we are hoping to go back and use all of that information.”
NEXT NINE: “The Next Nine was a really cool event we did at the NASCAR Hall of Fame for a few days last week. It was a great opportunity for fans to come out and get autographs. It was also a great opportunity for us as drivers to get media experience and get our names out there a little bit more. It was fun for me and I was glad to be chosen as one of the nine drivers NASCAR invited to the event.”
TOYOTA DOMINATION: This year the Toyota cars are running really strong in the K&N Pro Series East. They’ve won every race so it’s a good start to the season for them. I know we couldn’t do it without their backing. They’ve provided us with a strong engine and it’s shown on the track with our two wins. Hopefully our MWR team can continue on that success for them this weekend.”
· Moffitt owns six career victories in the East Series out of his twenty five races.
· Moffitt has led 355 laps of the season’s 565. He has earned two wins in the past four events.
· This weekend will mark the first time in a decade and a half that a NASCAR stock car touring series has visited Bowman Gray Stadium. The “Madhouse” is NASCAR’s longest running weekly race track started by Bill France Sr. and Alvin Hawkins in 1949.
· Moffitt’s Crew Chief Mike Greci bids for his fifth East Series title in 2011. Greci won titles with Ryan Truex in 2009 and 2010 and with Mike Stefanik in 1997 and 1998.
· The race will be broadcast live on NASCARHomeTracks.com via Speed 51 Radio. www.BrettMoffitt.com Driver: Brett Moffitt Born: Aug. 7, 1992 Hometown: Grimes, Iowa Social Media Stay up to date on race day by following @BrettMoffitt00
Join Brett Moffitt’s Fan Page: http://on.fb.me/eBQp7W Moffitt visits victory lane following his win in Iowa. Moffitt signed autographs for the Next Nine event and for MWR’s Fan Fest last week. Broadcast Schedule
Date: Thursday June 9 Race 6 p.m. SPEED