No. 32 Mike’s Hard Lemonade Chevrolet
Texas Motor Speedway -Winstar World Casino 250
June 10, 2011
No. 32 Mike’s Hard Lemonade Silverado Team News and Notes
• Welcome Aboard Steve Arpin… Turner Motorsports welcomes Canadian Steve Arpin as driver of the No. 32 Chevy Silverado. Arpin will make his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) debut this week at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS), where he returns as a previous winner. The 2010 Canadian Racer of the Year visited victory lane at TMS last year in the ARCA Racing Series, starting 22nd and leading 14 laps before capturing the win.
• Make It A Mike’s… Turner Motorsports also welcomes aboard Mike’s Hard Lemonade, who will serve as primary sponsor of Arpin and the No. 32 Chevy Silverado. Mike’s Hard Lemonade and Arpin are continuing their relationship forged in the ARCA Racing Series, where in 2010 the pair partnered for 14 events, scoring three wins, six top-five and eight top-10 finishes together.
• The Dirt on Arpin…eh… A native of Fort Frances, Ontario, Aprin got his start racing go-karts and snowmobiles. By the time he turned 18, he was a seven-time world snowmobile champion. He made his ARCA Racing Series debut in 2009, finishing seventh in the championship point standings and earning the Most Popular Driver award. Continuing to race in the ARCA Racing Series in 2010, he recorded three victories, seven top-five and ten top-10 finishes and another Most Popular Driver award. That same year, Arpin made his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut at Talladega Superspeedway, where he qualified fourth and finished 26th. He made six more NNS starts that season, with his best finish of 10th coming at Daytona International Speedway.
• New Boss on the Box… Turner Motorsports welcomes Doug George as crew chief of the No. 32 Chevy Silverado. George called his first race with the No. 32 team last weekend at Kansas Speedway, bringing home a ninth-place finish. George previously served as crew chief for the No. 33 NCWTS team during the 2010 season. Before taking his experience to the top of the pit box, The Atwater, CA.-native made 56 NCWTS starts during a five-year span in which he accumulated one top-five and 10 top-10 finishes.
• This Week’s Silverado… The No. 32 Mike’s Hard Lemonade Chevrolet Silverado team will unload chassis TMS-020 for Friday evening’s 250-mile event. This is a brand new chassis for the No. 32 Turner Motorsports team.
• Spot On… Arpin traveled to Illinois last weekend to fulfill spotter duties for Justin Allgaier in the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Chicagoland Speedway. Under his watchful eye, Allgaier won the 300-mile event in front of his and his sponsor’s hometown crowd.
• Arpin and Mike’s Summer Series… Arpin will pilot the Mike’s Hard Lemonade Chevy Silverado in five outings this summer. In addition to this weekend’s event at TMS, he will be behind the wheel of the No. 32 Chevy at Kentucky Speedway, Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis, Iowa Speedway and Chicagoland Speedway.
Steve Arpin on Texas Motor Speedway:
“I’m so excited to be heading back to Texas Motor Speedway. So far my luck has been pretty good there, and I hope to continue my streak at the track. Texas is such a fast track that allows multi-grove racing all the way around the speedway; you have to be fast to be competitive. It can get hot, so it’s important to stay hydrated and focused to stay as physically and mentally strong at the end of the race as you were at the start.”
Steve Arpin on His NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Debut:
“I can’t wait to make my NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut with Turner Motorsports. Their equipment is second to none, and they have proven they can run up front. I’ve been spending a lot of time at the shop and at the track getting to know the guys and how they work. Doug George and I have had great conversations, and it’ll be fun to have him atop the box calling the shots.”
Follow Steve Arpin on Twitter! Twitter.com/SteveArpin
Follow Turner Motorsports on Twitter! Twitter.com/TurnerMotorspts
Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook! Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports