JUSTIN ALLGAIER QUICK FACTS
No. 31 DEFT FinishesChevrolet
Alliance Truck Parts 250
Michigan International Speedway
June 18, 2011
No. 31 DEFT Finishes Chevrolet News and Notes
• Career Win Number Two… Justin Allgaier earned his second career victory in front of his hometown fans and sponsor two weeks ago at Chicagoland Speedway. Allgaier led only one lap in the 300-mile event as he stretched fuel mileage close enough to coast across the finish line to claim victory for the first time this season.
• Welcome Aboard DEFT Finishes… DEFT Finishes will adorn the hood of the No. 31 Chevy Impala for Saturday afternoon’s 125-lap event at Michigan International Speedway (MIS). DEFT Finishes is a leader in the coating industry in the development of high performance, low volatile organic content (VOC) coating systems. DEFT Finishes has more than 35 years experience in lowering toxicity and air pollution in high performance primers and topcoats. Turner Motorsports uses DEFT paint products on their race cars in both the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS).
• Allgaier Heads to The Motor City Fourth in Points… Allgaier remained in fourth-place in the NNS championship point standings, just 11-points behind leader and Turner Motorsports teammate Reed Sorenson, after his win at Chicagoland Speedway. All three championship contending Turner Motorsports drivers are currently in the top-10, with Sorenson leading and Jason Leffler in sixth-place.
• Michigan by the Numbers… The 24-year-old DEFT Finishes Chevy driver has two NNS starts at MIS. He is credited with one top-five and two top-10 finishes. He has an average finish of 5.5 and has a 100% lap completion rate.
• This Week’s Impala… The No. 31 DEFT FinishesChevy team will hit the track with chassis TMS-121 this weekend at MIS. This chassis has impressive stats, claiming the victory at Chicagoland Speedway two weeks ago. Additionally this chassis saw racing action at Darlington Raceway where Allgaier started 12th and finished in the fourth spot, and earlier this season at Texas Motor Speedway where he started 12th and finished in the sixth position.
• Prelude to the Dream… Allgaier along with teammates Ricky Carmichael and Jason Leffler took part in the seventh annual Prelude to the Dream last Wednesday evening at Eldora Speedway. This marked Allgaier’s second consecutive Prelude run and he didn’t disappoint. The young Nationwide Series competitor utilized his old dirt skills by winning his heat and finishing 5th in the feature event.
• In the Loop… Thus far in 2011, Allgaier ranks among the top-10 in several of NASCAR’s Loop Data statistics: Closers (1st), Percentage of Laps Run on the Lead Lap (5th), Fastest on Restarts (6th), Laps in the Top-15 (6th), Average Running Position (7th), Fastest Speed in Traffic (9th), Quality Passes (9th), Fastest Early in the Run (9th), Fastest Late in the Run (10th) and Green Flag Speed (10th).
Justin Allgaier on Michigan International Speedway:
“I love competing at Michigan. I have always run well and finished strong there. Michigan was one of the few tracks the “new car” ran last year, which gives us a strong set of notes to go off of heading into this weekend. We’re coming off a big win at Chicago and hope to continue this momentum to get back in the thick of the championship hunt.”
Follow the No. 31 team on Twitter!Twitter.com/No31TurnerNNS
Follow Justin Allgaier on Twitter! Twitter.com/J_Allgaier
Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports