Sam Hornish Jr. No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger Michigan International Speedway – Alliance Truck Parts 250 June 18, 2011
No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Team News and Notes
· Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge Challenger, will make his sixth start of the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season Saturday afternoon in the Alliance Truck Parts 250 at Michigan International Speedway
· From 2006 to present, Hornish has made a total of 25 Nationwide Series starts. He has scored eight top-15 finishes during that time and has also captured two top-five, five top-10 and eleven top-15 starting positions while competing in a limited NNS schedule over the last five years. · This weekend marks the sixth outing together for Hornish and crew chief, Chad Walter, who called the shots for the No. 12 Penske Racing Nationwide Series team in the past and helped guide driver Justin Allgaier to top-six championship finishes in each of the last two seasons.
· Hornish heads to Michigan with good momentum after he started seventh and finished 12th in the NNS race at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 28.
· This will be Hornish’s second NNS race at Michigan International Speedway and his eighth start at this track overall for Hornish, who hails from nearby Defiance, Ohio.
· Alliance Truck Parts, the primary sponsor of the No. 12 car, is also the title sponsor of the NNS race at MIS this weekend
· Hornish’s Dodge Challenger will carry one of the in-car cameras featured during the ABC-TV race broadcast on Saturday, which begins at 3:30 pm ET.
Sam Hornish Jr.’s comments on this weekend’s Alliance Truck Parts 250 “I am very excited to be racing this weekend at Michigan in the No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Dodge. Living in nearby Defiance, Ohio, I consider Michigan my home track so it’s nice to be able to come home for a few days and have family and friends come out to the race as well. Another reason to be excited is that Alliance Truck Parts is sponsoring the race this weekend so I feel even more privileged to be sporting their black and yellow colors. It’s always great to get back together with the No. 12 crew as well. I feel like each week together, we keep improving so I can’t wait to see how the weekend turns out.”
Crew Chief Chad Walter’s comments on this weekend’s Alliance Truck Parts 250 “The No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts crew has been looking forward to Michigan for a few weeks now. We overcame some obstacles at Charlotte (Motor Speedway) but we are ready to move on and continue to improve. We have a brand new chassis this week, No. 220, that we have been working on in the shop these last few weeks so we’re ready to see how successful it can be. I also couldn’t be happier to represent Alliance Truck Parts for the Alliance Truck Parts 250, hopefully we can give them an extra reason to celebrate by bring home a win.”
Sam Hornish Jr. Career NASCAR Nationwide Series Results Date Venue Start Finish Laps Status 5/25/2011 Charlotte Motor Speedway 7 12 199/200 Running 4/29/2011 Richmond International Raceway 2 7 250/250 Running 4/16/2011 Talladega Superspeedway 12 13 124/117* Running 4/8/2011 Texas Motor Speedway 16 16 149/150 Accident 2/19/2011 Daytona International Speedway 17 36 53/120 Accident 11/20/2010 Homestead-Miami Speedway 12 21 200/200 Running 8/22/2010 Bristol Motor Speedway 20 14 250/250 Running 8/9/2008 Watkins Glen International 8 36 40/82 Accident 5/31/2008 Dover International Speedway 20 23 195/200 Running 5/24/2008 Charlotte Motor Speedway 13 39 66/202 Accident 5/9/2008 Darlington Speedway 12 11 149/149 Running 5/2/2008 Richmond International Raceway 28 15 253/253 Running 4/20/2008 Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez 11 13 80/80 Running 4/5/2008 Texas Motor Speedway 43 19 198/200 Running 11/17/2007 Homestead-Miami Speedway 6 38 113/200 Accident 11/10/2007 Phoenix International Raceway 29 39 22/203 Accident 11/3/2007 Texas Motor Speedway 16 31 194/200 Running 8/18/2007 Michigan International Speedway 21 25 124/125 Running 5/4/2007 Richmond International Raceway 28 43 16/250 Accident 4/7/2007 Nashville Speedway 13 25 218/225 Running 3/17/2007 Atlanta Motor Speedway 5 15 195/195 Running 2/24/2007 Auto Club Speedway 16 35 132/150 Accident 2/17/2007 Daytona International Speedway 27 31 114/120 Running 11/18/2006 Homestead-Miami Speedway 24 43 20/200 Accident 11/11/2006 Phoenix International Raceway 27 36 183/203 Accident *Extra Laps indicate there were two attempts at a Green/White/Checkered Finish
No. 12 Alliance Truck Parts Crew Catalog Position Name Front Tire Changer Jay Hackney Front Tire Carrier Michael Warren Jackman Josh Peck Rear Tire Changer Travis Johnson Rear Tire Carrier Larry Robinett Gas Man Chris Williams