Brian Scott No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota Alliance Truck Parts 250 at Michigan International Speedway
No. 11 Shore Lodge Team Notes of Interest
· Brian Scott and the No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota team enjoyed the off week for NASCAR Nationwide Series and are ready for this weekend’s Alliance Truck Parts 250 at Michigan International Speedway.
· Scott has only one career NASCAR Nationwide Series start at the two-mile Michigan International Speedway. He scored a 15th-place finish at the track in 2010 after starting the race from the 12th position. Scott made his first ever start at Michigan in an ARCA car in June of 2008. Scott led 13 laps in that race and scored a fifth-place finish after starting from the third position.
· The No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota team will introduce a new chassis for this weekend’s race at Michigan International Speedway. Chassis #128 will make its 2011 NASCAR season debut. Chassis #106 will serve as the backup. This car has not yet been raced in 2011.
· Last Race: The No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing Team didn’t get the finish they had hoped for in Chicago but the performance definitely was there. Scott was among the fastest cars on the track as the laps wound down in the STP 300 at Chicagoland Speedway nearly two weeks ago. The race however came down to a battle of fuel mileage and the No. 11 team came up one lap empty. Scott finished the race in 17th place.
· Scott remains ninth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series driver point standings. He is 19 points out of eighth place and 76 points out of the top five. Reed Sorenson took over the top spot in the championship point standings. He owns a two-point lead ahead of Elliott Sadler.
· To access information on Brian Scott and No. 11 Team visit: www.joegibbsracing.comand follow twitter.com/bscottracing and twitter.com/joegibbsracing.
Scott Quotes What did you do during the off-week: “I got away from it all. I went up and camped at a place that is kind of on the way to Martinsville but it’s along the Dan River. I just floated the river and had a campfire – a good old country thing. It was really relaxing and nice. Everything went good. To be honest though I enjoy racing so much – especially in the Nationwide Series – that when I have a weekend off it’s hard to find something I enjoy as much as racing so to me I would rather be at the race track every weekend because I enjoy it and have fun doing it.”
What are your thoughts on the upcoming race at Michigan? “Michigan is a multi-groove race track and I love race tracks that are multi-grooved because I move around a lot. I try to find where my car likes to be. I’m not married to any particular line but it really seems with these new Nationwide Series cars with the restrictor plate and keeping momentum up I prefer to pass cars on the high side so that typically brings me up the race track. But you have to weigh it out. Like I said I would prefer to be on the top. I feel like you can overtake cars, slow down less and you’re in a better position where you can manipulate them more than they can manipulate you but ultimately if it becomes a situation where everyone is running the top then I’ll run the bottom and become a loner down there. I kind of run away from the trend.
“As for the track – my relationship with Michigan is a love/hate thing. I love Michigan and Michigan hates me. Michigan is where I broke my wrist in the Truck Series back in 2009. I feel like it has dealt me its best blow. Michigan has done everything it can possibly do to me and I’m still going there. I still like it and I want to have a good performance there and I’m hoping this weekend will be a good time for a good run in the Shore Lodge Toyota.”
Scott Michigan International Speedway Stats Date Start Finish Laps Led Laps complete Laps Status Earnings 8/14/10 12 15 0 125 125 Running $22,668 Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Ave. Start Ave. Finish Earnings 1 0 0 0 12.0 15.0 $22,668
Scott Career NASCAR Nationwide Series Stats Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Earnings Ave. Start Ave. Finish 56 0 1 8 $1,754,285 15.6 20.2
No. 11 Shore Lodge Team Primary Team Members: Crew Chief – Kevin Kidd Car Chief – Colan Ingle Engine Builder – Mark Cronquist Lead Engineer – Kenneth Oates Engine Specialist – Dan Bajek Spotter – Tim Fedewa
Over-The-Wall Crew Members: Jackman – David O’Dell Front Tire Changer – Nick Krizmanich Front Tire Carrier – Tom Dean Gas Man – Chris Webb Rear Tire Changer – Rocco Antonino Rear Tire Carrier – Ben Stege
Other Crew Members: Truck Drivers – Charles Sampson Tire Specialist – Ryan Martin Shock Specialist – Scott Myers Mechanic – Ben Chase Mechanic – Tony Hamm