Joey Logano No. 20 Home Depot Toyota Camry
Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips 400 at Michigan International Speedway
The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest
· Members of The Home Depot Team and Joey Logano took a trip to Joplin, Mo., on Tuesday to help rebuild a home as a joint venture between The Home Depot Foundation and Operation Blessing. The home of John and Debbie Lacey was severely damaged in the tornado three weeks ago, and due to financial stress following an accident at work, the couple did not have home owners insurance. A group of over 150 volunteers rebuilt the home and presented it to the couple as a surprise on Tuesday afternoon. Logano also visited The Home Depot store #3023 that was destroyed and its associates while he was there. ·
Michigan International Speedway is a good track for Logano and the No. 20 Team. In four starts at the two-mile track, Logano has three top-10 finishes and has completed all but one lap of competition during his rookie race there. He has an average finish of 13th and an average starting position of 17th. · The Home Depot Team will continue to carry the special decal this weekend on the c-post of the No. 20 Toyota Camry honoring store #3023 in Joplin. The Home Depot has committed to rebuild the store on its current location, has donated over $1 million in disaster relief for the area and its internal charity The Homer Fund is providing grants to associates who were affected by the storm.
· About last week: Pocono was a solid race for The Home Depot Team. After a disappointing qualifying effort of 19th, the team worked hard throughout the 200-lap race to improve the handling of the No. 20 Toyota for Logano. The effort showed dividends for the team with an 11th-place finish and an improvement of three positions in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver point standings to 23rd, just 25 points out of the top 20.
· Welcome aboard The Home Depot associates from store #3606 in Gastonia, N.C. The store number will ride along with Logano this weekend in the 200-lap race in the Irish Hills of Michigan.
· The No. 20 Home Depot Team is taking chassis #303 to Michigan this weekend. The team originally brought this chassis to Martinsville, but it was not raced following a practice incident. The team rebuilt the car and will race it for the first time on Sunday. The back-up chassis is #275 that Logano did drive in the Martinsville race and went on to finish in the 13th position.
· To access information on The Home Depot Team visit: www.joegibbsracing.comand follow twitter.com/homedepotracing, twitter.com/joegibbsracingand twitter.com/jlogano.
Logano Quotes: On his visit to Joplin… “This was one of the coolest things I have done in my career and to be part of how The Home Depot gives back to communities was awesome. To go there and see the destruction, it was so much worse than I imagined, and to be able to make a difference in someone’s life like that. Man, it was unreal. The entire day is almost hard to describe. To see John and Debbie’s reaction when they saw their home again was amazing. When you drive down the street and see what happened there, and then see how the community bonds together like that is inspiring. I’m glad I got to experience it with my team guys. It’s a day we won’t forget.”
On Michigan… “Last weekend was a very encouraging weekend for us. It was one of the first weekends in a while where we started the race and were able to improve throughout it. We know we still have some work to do, but we were a top 10 car and that momentum should carry into this weekend. Michigan is a good track for us and it seems to suit my driving style. Zippy (crew chief Greg Zipadelli) and the guys have always given me great cars there so we should be able to put together another solid finish.”
Logano Career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Stats Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Earnings Ave. Start Ave. Finish 89 1 11 25 $13,569,553 18.3 19.3
Logano NASCAR Michigan International Speedway Stats Date Start Finish Laps Led Laps Completed Laps in Race Status Earnings 08/15/10 27 10 0 200 200 Running $121,065 06/13/10 12 10 0 200 200 Running $121,415 08/16/09 8 7 0 200 200 Running $144,726 06/14/09 24 25 0 199 200 Running $124,776 Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Ave. Start Ave. Finish Earnings 4 0 0 3 17.8 13.0 $511,982
No. 20 Home Depot Team Primary Team Members: Crew Chief – Greg Zipadelli Car Chief – Jason Shapiro Engine Builder – Mark Cronquist Lead Engineer – Jacob Canter Engine Specialist – Michael Johnson Spotter – Mark Robertson Tire Specialist – Jerold Shires Shock Specialist – Dusty Boyd Second Engineer – Mike Lorusso Mechanics – Scott Geerts, Todd Foster Pit Support – Bill Byrne IT Support – Nathan Boone Truck Drivers – Tom McCrimmon, Scott Crowell
Over-The-Wall Crew Members: Jackman – Jason Tate Front Tire Changer – John Royer Front Tire Carrier – Brett Morrell Gas Man – John Eicher Rear Tire Changer – Coleman Dollarhide Rear Tire Carrier – Eric Groen