JASON LEFFLER QUICK FACTS
No. 38 Great Clips Impala
Road America Bucyrus 300
June 25, 2011
No. 38 Great Clips Chevrolet News and Notes
Jason Leffler 2011 NNS Season Starts Poles Wins Top-fives Top-10’s Avg. Start Avg. Finish DNFs 15 0 0 1 7 14.5 12.6 0
* Leffler’s road course stats…Despite his nickname (“Lefturn”), Leffler has had some impressive runs at tracks that have right-handed turns as well. In a total of 14 road course starts in NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) competition, he has four top-10 finishes with one top-10 at each of the road courses in which he has competed. Watkins Glen International – 6 starts
Best start: 11th (2008) / Best finish: 8th (2008) Circuit Gilles Villeneuve – 4 starts Best Start: 14th (2008) / Best Finish: 7th (2008) Road America – 1 start Best start: 19th (2010) / Best finish: 8th (2010) Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez – 3 starts Best start: 23rd (2007) / Best finish: 6th (2007)
* In the loop… Leffler sits in the top-10 of several categories according to NASCAR’s Loop Data Statistics for the season thus far including Average Running Position (9th), Fastest Early in a Run (10th), Fastest Late in a Run (9th), Fastest on Restarts (5th), Green-Flag Speed (9th), Laps in the Top-15 (9th), Quality Passes (6th) and Fastest Speed in Traffic (7th).
* Turner Motorsports season at a glance…In 15 NNS races in 2011, Turner Motorsports-prepared entries have notched two wins, 13 top-five and 33 top-10 finishes. All three of the team’s NNS regular drivers are in the top-five in the championship point standings with Reed Sorenson sitting third, Justin Allgaier holding the fourth spot and Leffler tied for fifth.
* Happy 10-Year Anniversary, Great Clips…This season marks Great Clips’ 10-year anniversary as a primary sponsor in the NNS. The Minneapolis-based Great Clips, Inc., which is currently the longest-running primary sponsor in the series, came onto the scene in 2001 as a primary sponsor of Akins Motorsports No. 38 entry, then driven by Christian Elder.
* Leffler on SIRIUS’ Morning Drive every Wednesday… Don’t forget to tune in to SIRIUS Radio’s “Morning Drive” with Mike Bagley and Pete Pistone every Wednesday at 10:30am to hear Leffler’s take on recent events in the Nationwide Series and what you can expect from the week’s upcoming race.
Follow the No. 38 team on Twitter!Twitter.com/No38TurnerNNS Follow Jason Leffler on Twitter! Twitter.com/JasonLeffler F
ollow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports
Leffler on racing at Road America “I like the fact that we get to pepper the schedule with a few road courses here and there. With 34 races a year, it’s nice to mix things up a little bit every now and then. I actually enjoy racing at road courses. It provides a different challenge than what we are used to week-to-week which keeps things fresh. Road America is one of the great American road courses with a lot of history behind it. I loved racing there last year. It’s a tough course with very few good passing zones so when you see an opportunity to make a move you have to go for it. We came home with an eighth-place finish last year in our first ever trip there and we would be more than satisfied to be able to duplicate that effort this time around.”
About Turner Motorsports: Turner Motorsports, LLC, established in 1999, is in the midst of its sophomore season of NASCAR competition. Owned by Texas-native, Steve Turner, the racing organization has expanded in 2011 from a two-truck operation in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series to become the largest stand-alone multi-series team in NASCAR’s top-tier touring series. Turner Motorsports operates out of an 110,000 square-foot state-of-the art facility in Mooresville, N.C., and will house three entries in the Camping World Truck Series and four entries in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. The team boasts an all-star driver line-up that includes Kasey Kahne, Mark Martin, Jason Leffler, Reed Sorenson, Justin Allgaier, Ricky Carmichael, James Buescher, Brad Sweet, Mikey Kile, Steve Arpin and Blake Feese. The Chevrolet-backed team has created alliances with General Motors powerhouse teams Hendrick Motorsports, who will provide engine support for both its NNS and NCWTS programs, Kevin Harvick Inc. for body and aero support, and Earnhardt Technology Group for drive train and suspension technology assistance. Turner Motorsports’ marketing partners include Dollar General, Great Clips, Monster Energy, BRANDT, Rexall, Exide, AccuDoc Solutions, Wolfpack Rentals, Mike’s Hard Lemonade, Fraternal Order of Eagles and ABF Freight. For more information on Turner Motorsports, visit www.turnermotorsportsllc.com