Brian Scott No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota Subway Jalapeno 250 at Daytona International Speedway
No. 11 Shore Lodge Team Notes of Interest
· Brian Scott and the No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota team travel to Daytona International Speedway for this week’s Subway Jalapeno 250 looking for redemption at the 2.5-mile superspeedway. After getting caught up in an early accident at Daytona in February Scott was able to get back to competition but after spending several laps in the garage for repairs. He went on to be scored with a 34th-place finish.
· Prior to the race in February, Scott had made two additional starts at Daytona in NASCAR Nationwide Series competition. He earned a 19th-place finish in his first Daytona Nationwide Series start in February of 2010. When the series returned in July, Scott finished 30th after getting caught in a late-race incident.
· In addition to the three starts in Nationwide Series competition at Daytona, Scott has two previous starts at Daytona in the NASCAR Truck Series. He scored a ninth-place finish in the series during the 2008 event and finished 12th one year later after leading four laps in the race.
· The No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota team will take Chassis #110 to this weekend’s race at Daytona International Speedway. This chassis has been raced by the team twice in 2011. This is the same car Scott raced during the season-opening race at Daytona in which he qualified 11th. Scott was caught up in an accident on lap 15 and spent several laps in the garage for repairs before eventually being scored with a 34th-place finish. The car was repaired and used at the Nationwide Series event at Talladega Superspeedway where Scott scored an 11th-place finish. The backup car is Chassis 115 which was the backup car for Daytona and has not yet been raced.
· Last Race: Scott was in the third position during the first attempt at a green-white-checkered flag finish at Road America on Saturday when the No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota was punted by the No. 22 car which also took out a number of other top-10 running cars. Scott was eventually scored in the 16th position by the time the checkered flag waved.
· Scott remains ninth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series driver point standings. He is 12 points out of eighth place and 73 points out of the top five.
· To access information on Brian Scott and No. 11 Team visit: www.joegibbsracing.com and follow twitter.com/bscottracing and twitter.com/joegibbsracing.
Scott Quotes What can we expect from Daytona this weekend? “These superspeedways have been interesting this year. I’ve been watching video of the February race in Daytona and studying the two-car draft. I feel like that will play a huge role in the race obviously. It will be interesting to see when we get there. It will be a lot hotter and a lot slicker Daytona than we saw in February. It will be interesting to see if that grip gives up and if we’re still able to do that two-car lock up all the way around because you need a lot of grip on the surface and a lot of grip with the tire to be able to do that. So we’ll see if anything changes.”
How do you go about finding drafting partners for these tracks? “You need a lot of partners. You need a lot of people on your team that are willing to work with you when you go to these superspeedways. I like to just get to Daytona and go out there and work with different people and show them that we can be quick together and then they naturally will want to just work with you. Fast is popular.”
Scott Daytona International Speedway Stats Date Start Finish Laps Led Laps complete Laps Status Earnings 2/19/11 11 34 0 70 120 Running $47,828 7/2/10 23 30 0 101 102 Running $25,368 2/13/10 37 19 0 120 120 Running $47,860 Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Ave. Start Ave. Finish Earnings 3 0 0 0 23.6 27.6 $121,056
Scott Career NASCAR Nationwide Series Stats Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Earnings Ave. Start Ave. Finish 58 0 1 8 $1,621,771 15.7 20.2
No. 11 Shore Lodge Team Primary Team Members: Crew Chief – Kevin Kidd Car Chief – Colan Ingle Engine Builder – Mark Cronquist Lead Engineer – Kenneth Oates Engine Specialist – Dan Bajek Spotter – Tim Fedewa
Over-The-Wall Crew Members: Jackman – David O’Dell Front Tire Changer – Nick Krizmanich Front Tire Carrier – Tom Dean Gas Man – Chris Webb Rear Tire Changer – Rocco Antonino Rear Tire Carrier – Ben Stege
Other Crew Members: Truck Drivers – Charles Sampson Tire Specialist – Ryan Martin Shock Specialist – Scott Myers Mechanic – Ben Chase Mechanic – Tony Hamm