Joey Logano No. 20 Home Depot Toyota Camry Coke Zero 400 – Daytona International Speedway
The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest
· Joey Logano and The Home Depot Team return to the high banks of Daytona International Speedway (DIS) for the Saturday race under the lights. Logano has five point races under his belt at DIS. Daytona as well as Talladega both showcased two-car drafts in their restrictor-plate events earlier this season. While Logano has just two top-20 finishes at the 2.5-mile Daytona International Speedway, he has four top-10 finishes in five starts at Talladega Superspeedway.
· Florida Governor Rick Scott will host a delegation of NASCAR executives, NASCAR drivers including Logano and racing legends this Wednesday evening, June 29 at the Florida Governor’s Mansion in Tallahassee, Fla., in celebration of NASCAR’s historical significance in Florida and its economic benefit to the state.
· About last week: Logano and The Home Depot Team earned their first pole position of the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season at Infineon Raceway and followed it up with a top-10 run at the 1.99-mile road course on Sunday. It was Logano’s first top 10 at a road course in his three-year Sprint Cup career, and his second career pole. Logano took the checkered flag in the sixth position and is now tied for the 22nd position in the Sprint Cup driver standings and is just 12 points out of the top 20.
· Logano will be competing in Friday night’s NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) event before piloting The Home Depot Toyota on Saturday evening. In five starts at Daytona in the NNS Series, Logano has two top-five and three top-10 finishes.
· Welcome aboard The Home Depot associates from store #773 in Knoxville, Tenn. The store number will draft along with Logano this weekend at Daytona International Speedway. · The No. 20 Home Depot Team is taking chassis #298 this weekend to compete in the Coke Zero 400. This chassis served as the back-up chassis at Daytona earlier this season but has never been raced. The back-up chassis is #293 that Logano drove in the Daytona 500 and to a top-10 finish at Talladega in April. · To access information on The Home Depot Team visit: www.joegibbsracing.comand follow twitter.com/homedepotracing, twitter.com/joegibbsracingand twitter.com/jlogano.
Logano Quotes: On the finish last week “Last weekend was really important for me and The Home Depot Team. Obviously the season isn’t going the way we wanted it to, but Sonoma was big. I haven’t run very well there in the past, so we put a lot of focus on it and that went a long way. A solid weekend, from the pole to the sixth-place finish, will certainly give us some momentum going into this weekend. I think another good finish this weekend would get us out of this slump we’ve been in so far this season.”
On Daytona “Daytona is just one of those unpredictable tracks. When you unload you pretty much have what you have. There’s not much you can do at that point to improve your race car. These two-car drafts and new style of racing make it so important to take of your equipment and make sure you are there at the end with a drafting partner. But everyone knows and everyone has seen that pretty much anything can happen.”
Logano 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Stats Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Earnings Ave. Start Ave. Finish 16 0 1 3 $1,813,913 14.2 19.2
Logano Career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Stats Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Earnings Ave. Start Ave. Finish 91 1 11 26 $13,788,653 18.2 19.2
Logano NASCAR Daytona International Speedway Stats Date Start Finish Laps Led Laps complete Laps Status Earnings 02/20/11 38 23 0 206 208 Running $290,363 07/03/10 16 29 0 148 166 Accident $123,615 02/14/10 16 20 1 208 208 Running $316,960 07/04/09 21 19 0 160 160 Running $142,551 02/15/09 9 43 0 79 152 Accident $317,720 Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Ave. Start Ave. Finish Earnings 5 0 0 0 20 26.8 $1,191,209
No. 20 Home Depot Team Primary Team Members: Crew Chief – Greg Zipadelli Car Chief – Jason Shapiro Engine Builder – Mark Cronquist Lead Engineer – Jacob Canter Engine Specialist – Michael Johnson Spotter – Mark Robertson Tire Specialist – Jerold Shires Shock Specialist – Dusty Boyd Second Engineer – Mike Lorusso Mechanics – Scott Geerts, Todd Foster Pit Support – Bill Byrne IT Support – Nathan Boone Truck Drivers – Tom McCrimmon, Scott Crowell
Over-The-Wall Crew Members: Jackman – Jason Tate Front Tire Changer – John Royer Front Tire Carrier – Brett Morrell Gas Man – John Eicher Rear Tire Changer – Coleman Dollarhide Rear Tire Carrier – Eric Groen