JUSTIN ALLGAIER QUICK FACTS
No. 31 Trademark Nitrogen BRANDT Chevrolet
Subway Jalapeno 250 Daytona International
Speedway July 1, 2011
Justin Allgaier 2011 Season Starts Poles Wins Top-fives Top-10s Avg. Start Avg. Finish DNFs 16 0 1 4 8 10.7 11.1 2
No. 31 Trademark Nitrogen BRANDT Chevrolet News and Notes
* Allgaier Heads to Daytona International Speedway (DIS) Fourth in Points…Allgaier remained in fourth-place in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) championship point standings, just 34-points behind leader and Turner Motorsports teammate, Reed Sorenson. All three championship contending Turner Motorsports drivers are currently in the top-five, with Sorenson leading and Jason Leffler in fifth-place.
* Daytona by the Numbers… The 25-year-old BRANDT Chevy driver has five NNS start at DIS. He is credited with one top-five and two top-10 finishes. He has an average finish of 16.8 and best start of fifth, coming in the season opener this year.
* Check Out That Paint Scheme…In honor of America’s birthday, Allgaier and his sponsor BRANDT are running a special patriotic paint scheme that will stand out under the lights at Daytona. The scheme is reflective of our nations colors and symbol of what America stands for.
* This Week’s Impala… The No. 31Chevy team will hit the track with chassis TMS-110 this weekend at DIS. This chassis has previously been run in the season-opener at Daytona where Allgaier started fifth and finished 27th. It has also seen track time at Talladega Superspeedway where he started 17th and finished seventh.
* Heading home… Rear tire carrier, Kevin Harris, will be heading home this weekend as the Nationwide Series heads to Daytona International Speedway. The Orlando, Florida-native, played four seasons of NCAA football for Wake Forest where he was a running back/fullback. He played in three bowl games, including the 2007 Orange Bowl. His best season came in 2006 where he carried 78 times for 393 yards, bringing home a team-high six touchdowns. When not pitting the No. 31 car, the 24-year-old is also a tire carrier for Hendrick Motorsports.
* All About The Green… Allgaier heads to Daytona in contention for Nationwide’s “Dash 4 Cash” program. Allgaier, a previous winner of the competition, will be competing for the money along with teammate Reed Sorenson and others in the top-four in the NASCAR Nationwide Series points.The highest finishing NNS points regular of the four will win $100,000 as well as be eligible for the next “Dash 4 Cash” race at Iowa Speedway on August 6th.
* In the Loop… Thus far in 2011, Allgaier ranks among the top-10 in several of NASCAR’s Loop Data statistics: Closers (4th), Percentage of Laps Run on the Lead Lap (5th), Fastest on Restarts (6th), Laps in the Top-15 (6th), Average Running Position (7th), Quality Passes (7th), Fastest Speed in Traffic (8th), Fastest Early in the Run (9th), Fastest Late in the Run (10th) and Green Flag Speed (10th).
* Turner Motorsports gaining momentum… In 16 Nationwide Series events in 2011, Turner Motorsports-prepared entries have notched three wins, 14 top-five and 35 top-10 finishes. All three of Turner Motorsports championship contending drivers are inside the top-five in the driver point standings with Reed Sorenson leading the way, Justin Allgaier in fourth and Jason Leffler in fifth. The No. 32 team is also leading the owner’s point standings.
Justin Allgaier on Daytona International Speedway: “I’m excited to be heading back to Daytona this weekend. We have a strong car that definitely works well in the two-car draft, as well as an American pride paint scheme to support our troops and celebrate the Fourth of July. The key to being successful is to stay out of trouble, be smart on pit road and be around for the end of the race to be in contention for the win.”
Follow the No. 31 team on Twitter!Twitter.com/No31TurnerNNS Follow Justin Allgaier on Twitter! Twitter.com/J_Allgaier Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports
Justin Allgaier Career Race by Race Stats at Daytona International Speedway Year/Event Start Finish Laps Status Led 2009 (Feb.) 32 40 82/120 Accident 0 2009 (July) 31 8 102/102 running 0 2010 (Feb.) 12 4 120/120 running 0 2010 (July) 4 17 102/102 running 11 2011 (Feb.) 5 27 116/120 running 0 Avg. Start Avg. Finish Total Laps Total Led 16.8 19.2 522/564 11 Career Stats at Daytona International Speedway Starts Poles Wins Top-fives Top-10’s DNFs 5 0 0 1 2 1