Biffle on Kentucky: “A racetrack has to have character and Kentucky has character. The progressive banking off of Turn 4 makes it a lot of fun to race here. It’s going to be an exciting race, it’s going to be really fun. I’ve had some memorable races at Kentucky starting with the win there in the truck series in 2000. Then I remember in 2002 beating and banging off of Todd Bodine at the end of the Nationwide race. He got me by a fender but we had a lot of fun. It would definitely mean a lot to finish well at Kentucky this weekend in the first Sprint Cup race there and we need a good run.”
Erwin on Kentucky: “We were part of the open tire test at Kentucky last month and I think that went pretty well for us. We’ll have the full day of testing on Thursday which should put everyone on even ground going into the weekend. Greg has run well at Kentucky in the truck and Nationwide Series but it’s been a few years since he last raced there and we feel the track has probably changed a bit. It’s one of the rougher track we race on so we’ll have to work on that part of the handling kind of like we do at Vegas.”
• Biffle is currently 13th in the Sprint Cup point standings following his 18th-place finish at Daytona. He is 25 points out of the 10th position with nine races remaining until the Chase.
• On July 17, 2000 the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series visited Kentucky Speedway for the first time and Biffle won the race by a margin of 2.182 seconds over Jack Sprague. That was the third of five wins Biffle collected that season on his way to the truck series championship.
• Due to heavy rains the night before that first race at Kentucky, most of the parking spots on the grass were unusable resulting in thousands of fans missing Biffle’s historic victory as they sat in traffic trying to get to the track.
• Biffle was also part of the closest Nationwide Series finish at Kentucky Speedway in 2002 when he took the checkered flag .036 seconds behind Todd Bodine.
• In addition to the close second-place finish to Bodine in 2002, Biffle has two more runner-up finishes in the Nationwide Series at Kentucky (2001 and 2004).
• Biffle participated in the Goodyear Tire test at Kentucky early last month.