DAVID REUTIMANN No. 00 TUMS Toyota KENTUCKY SPEEDWAY
CORNELIUS, N.C. — No. 00 TUMS Toyota driver David Reutimann took part in the Goodyear Tire test at Kentucky on June 1 and is racing in both the Cup Series and Nationwide Series this weekend to get extra track time. Reutimann’s time spent testing and in his four career Nationwide Series starts on the racetrack gives him confidence heading in to the Sprint Cup Series inaugural event at the 1.5 mile track in Sparta, Ky.
DAVID REUTIMANN QUOTES HOW DO YOU RACE THE BUMPS AT KENTUCKY: “There are a lot of different places at Kentucky that are a little rough, but there is no way that you can just get around them. Some of the bumps are just there and there’s really not much you can do. There is really only two ways that you can do it – you can work on your car and try to make it more compliant at those spots and not bounce so bad or you can just drive around them. Some situations where they aren’t as big you can just drive around the bumps getting in and be okay. That’s the only two ways I know how to do it – and I don’t think either one is a sure bet that you’re going to be okay. That’s just the nature of the racetrack and something that you have to work around.”
FAVORITE MOMENTS FROM FILMING THE TUMS VIDEOS THIS YEAR: “The whole deal was fun, but my favorite part was when we finally got to beat the hot dog up – that was my favorite part. That hot dog had been chasing us all over the place. I had been chased and beat up by hot dogs and hamburgers, so it was nice to finally dish it out a little bit.” Click Here
ON TUMS “SIGN YOUR HEART(BURN) OUT” GRAND MARSHAL PROMOTION: “I think it’s great that TUMS is working with Martinsville to create a promotion where you get to be the Grand Marshal of the TUMS Fast Relief 500 by submitting a video of fans singing their jingle. I think it’s really a creative idea. Everybody knows the TUMS-Ta-TUM, TUM, TUMS jingle. It’s kind of an iconic jingle and you notice it immediately when you see their commercials. The chance to be Grand Marshal for a Sprint Cup race is a really big deal where you get to do a lot of really cool stuff. So if someone out there wants to be Grand Marshal – this is a great way to do it and the rewards are pretty significant.” (For additional information: http://on.fb.me/jJNnYc)
ADDITIONAL NOTES OF INTEREST
· TUM, Ta, TUM, TUM, TUMS! The No. 00 Toyota will feature TUMS as the primary sponsor for the third time in 2011. In two previous TUMS races this season, Reutimann finished 22nd at Kansas and 13th-place at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. TUMS also will serve as the primary sponsor at Chicago and Phoenix.
· Flying Elbow! Reutimann co-stars with Michael Waltrip in the second of a two part TUMS video featuring a fight with a hot dog. Part 1: Click HerePart 2 (New): Click Here
· TUMS on Facebook: Visit www.facebook.com/TUMSto watch TUMS commercials featuring Reutimann and Waltrip, see pre and post race video features, start a virtual food fight with friends and win daily prizes.
· Testing, Testing: Reutimann and the No. 00 team took part in the Goodyear tire test at Kentucky Speedway on Wednesday, June 1.
· Racing Double Duty:Reutimann is racing both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series this weekend in Kentucky. Reutimann is racing the No. 64 Aspen Dental Toyota for Rusty Wallace Racing in the Nationwide Series.
· TUMS Fast Relief Zone: Reutimann will sign autographs at the TUMS Fast Relief Zone in the fan midway 4:55 – 5:10 p.m. on Saturday.
· Meet The Driver: Reutimann will sign autographs at the MWR merchandise hauler 3:30-3:50 p.m. on Saturday.