No. 32 Mike’s Hard Lemonade Chevrolet Kentucky Speedway -UNOH 225 July 7, 2011
No. 32 Mike’s Hard Lemonade Silverado Team News and Notes
Steve Arpin 2011 Season Starts Poles Wins Top-fives Top-10s Avg. Start Avg. Finish DNFs 1 0 0 0 0 4.0 23.0 0
* Strong Showing in His Debut… Steve Arpin had a strong showing in his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut at Texas Motor Speedway four weeks ago. The Canadian driver practiced inside the top-10, qualified fourth, led six laps and ran inside the top-10 for most of the race. With 30 laps remaining, he was involved in a late-race incident, which relegated him to a 23rd place finish.
* This Isn’t Arpin’s First Time at Kentucky Speedway… This weekend will mark the first time Arpin has competed at Kentucky Speedway in the NCWTS, but it isn’t the first time he has logged laps at the 1.5-mile track. Arpin competed in two ARCA Racing Series events at the Sparta, KY. track with his best finish of sixth coming in 2009.
* Calling The Shots… Crew Chief Doug George will be calling the shots for Arpin on Thursday evening. George is no stranger to Kentucky, logging four starts as a crew chief and earning two top-10 finishes with a best start of second coming in 2007.
* This Week’s Silverado…The No. 32 Mike’s Hard Lemonade Chevrolet Silverado team will unload chassis TMS-020 for Thursday evening’s 225-mile event. This chassis last saw action at Texas Motor Speedway, where Arpin qualified fourth, led six laps and finished 23rd.
* Chill With Arpin in Kentucky…Wednesday afternoon fans can meet the Mike’s Hard Lemonade driver at Kroger in Newport, KY. from 12pm-1pm.
* Arpin and Mike’s Summer Series Rolls On…Arpin pilots the Mike’s Hard Lemonade Chevy Silverado in five outings this summer. In addition to Texas Motor Speedway and this weekend’s event at Kentucky Speedway, he will be behind the wheel of the No. 32 Chevy at Iowa Speedway, Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis and Chicagoland Speedway. Steve Arpin on Kentucky Speedway: “I’m so excited to get back into the Mike’s Hard Lemonade Chevy. Now that I have a race under my belt I’m definitely more comfortable with the feel of the truck after Texas. We’re bringing a great truck to the track this week and I look to build on what we’ve learned thus far and bring home a great finish for Mike’s Hard Lemonade.”