No. 31 Wolfpack Rentals Chevrolet
Iowa Speedway -Coca-Cola 200
July 16, 2011
James Buescher NCWTS at Iowa Speedway Date Start Finish LC/TL Status $Won 9/5/2009 25 14 200/200 Running $11,480 7/11/2010 14 5 205/205 Running $11,250
Starts Poles Wins Top-Fives Top-10s LC/TL $Won 2 0 0 1 1 405/405 (100%) $22,730
No. 31 Wolfpack Rentals Chevrolet News and Notes
· This Week’s Silverado… The No. 31 Wolfpack Rentals Chevrolet Silverado team will bring chassis TMS-019 to Iowa Speedway for Saturday night’s 200-lap contest. TMS-019 saw racing action in April at the 1.33-mile Nashville Superspeedway where Buescher crossed the finish line in the fifth position.
· Nice Stats…The 21-year-old Texas native has three starts in NASCAR competition at the Iowa short track. In his two NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts, he has one top-five and an average finish of 9.5. He also competed in the NASCAR Nationwide Series event earlier in the 2011 campaign capturing a solid top-10 result.
· Moving on Up…After another solid effort last Thursday night at Kentucky Speedway, Buescher and the No. 31 Turner Motorsports Chevrolet Silverado team sit fourth in the championship point standings, only 32 points out of the championship lead.
· Come and See Me… Buescher will participate in NASCAR’s autograph session on Saturday, July 16th from 2:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. CST. The autograph session will be held Behind the Manatt Grandstands at the Iowa Speedway.
· Consecutive Finishes… James Buescher has been a roll since late April. In the last six NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races, Buescher has picked up 16 spots in the championship point standings and has an average finishing position of 6.5. He and the No. 31 Turner Motorsports Chevrolet team have accumulated three top-five and six top-10 results in addition to a pole position during this stretch.
· Watch and Listen…The Coca-Cola 200 presented by Hy-Vee can be seen live on Saturday, July 16th on SPEED. Race coverage will begin at 7:30 p.m. EST. The event can also be heard live on MRN Radio as well as Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 128. James Buescher on driving at Iowa Superspeedway
“Iowa [Speedway] is a great track. They really thought of everything when coming up with the design. The race track is conducive for side-by-side racing. You can really search the track for a number of different lines. Unlike some of the other short tracks we race, Iowa Speedway really isn’t as much about beating and banging. You need to float the truck into the corner and let rotate. I am really looking forward to another strong performance by the No. 31 Turner Motorsports Chevrolet.
“I am really looking forward to this stretch of races. We can get into a routine which helps everyone on the team. We have been building momentum over the last three of four months but struggle to keep it going through all the time between races. We now have an opportunity to get back to the race track after a solid run and back it up.”
James Buescher NCWTS Career Statistics Races Wins Poles Top-Fives Top-10s DNFs Earnings 62 0 1 11 21 6 $920,564
James Buescher 2011 NCWTS Season Totals Starts Wins Poles Top-Fives Top-10s DNF Money 9 0 1 4 8 0 $137,200
James Buescher 2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Results Date Start Finish LC TC Status Money 2/18/2011 Daytona International Speedway 2 9 103 103 Running $19,200 3/12/2011 Darlington Raceway 7 5 147 147 Running $12,300 4/2/2011 Martinsville Speedway 6 35 134 250 Accident $7,525 4/22/2011 Nashville Superspeedway 17 5 150 150 Running $17,350 5/13/2011 Dover International Speedway 14 8 200 200 Running $15,500 5/20/2011 Charlotte Motor Speedway 5 4 134 134 Running $19,100 6/4/2011 Kansas Speedway 6 4 167 167 Running $18,750 6/10/2011 Texas Motor Speedway 1 9 168 168 Running $15,150 7/7/2011 Kentucky Motor Speedway 12 9 152 152 Running $12,325 7/16/2011 Iowa Speedway 7/22/2011 Nashville Superspeedway 7/29/2011 Lucas Oil Raceway 8/6/2011 Pocono Raceway 8/20/2011 Michigan International Speedway 8/24/2011 Bristol Motor Speedway 9/2/2011 Atlanta Motor Speedway 9/16/2011 Chicagoland Speedway 9/24/2011 New Hampshire Motor Speedway 10/1/2011 Kentucky Motor Speedway 10/15/2011 Las Vegas Motor Speedway 10/22/2011 Talladega Superspeedway 10/29/2011 Martinsville Speedway 11/4/2011 Texas Motor Speedway 11/18/2011 Homestead-Miami Speedway
Totals 7.78 9.78 1355 1471 92.11% $137,200