JASON LEFFLER QUICK FACTS
No. 38 Great Clips Impala
New Hampshire Motor Speedway
New England 200
July 16, 2011
No. 38 Great Clips Chevrolet News and Notes Jason Leffler 2011 NNS Season Starts Poles Wins Top-fives Top-10’s Avg. Start Avg. Finish DNFs 18 0 0 2 8 17.0 16.7 0
* New Hampshire Motor Speedway, by the numbers… In eight NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) starts at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS), Leffler has one top-five and two top-10 finishes. His best performance at the one-mile track came in 2004 when he started and finished third.
* This week’s Impala… The No. 38 Great Clips team will unload chassis TMS-123 this weekend. This chassis last saw action on the track at Nashville Superspeedway and Auto Club Speedway where Leffler finished 15th and 11th, respectively.
* In the loop… Leffler sits in the top-10 of several categories according to NASCAR’s Loop Data Statistics for the season thus far including Average Running Position (9th), Fastest Early in a Run (10th), Fastest Late in a Run (9th), Fastest on Restarts (5th), Green-Flag Speed (9th), Laps in the Top-15 (9th), Quality Passes (6th) and Fastest Speed in Traffic (7th).
* Turner Motorsports: In the hunt…In 18 Nationwide Series events in 2011, Turner Motorsports-prepared entries have notched three wins, 17 top-five and 38 top-10 finishes. All three of Turner Motorsports’ championship-contending drivers are inside the top-five in the driver point standings with Reed Sorenson in second, Justin Allgaier in fourth and Jason Leffler in fifth.
* Happy 10-Year Anniversary, Great Clips…This season marks Great Clips’ 10-year anniversary as a primary sponsor in the NNS. The Minneapolis-based Great Clips, Inc., which is currently the longest-running primary sponsor in the series, came onto the scene in 2001 as a primary sponsor of Akins Motorsports No. 38 entry, then driven by Christian Elder.
* Leffler on SIRIUS’ Morning Drive every Wednesday… Don’t forget to tune in to SIRIUS Radio’s “Morning Drive” with Mike Bagley and Pete Pistone every Wednesday at 10:30am to hear Leffler’s take on recent events in the Nationwide Series and what you can expect from the week’s upcoming race.
Follow the No. 38 team on Twitter!Twitter.com/No38TurnerNNS Follow Jason Leffler on Twitter!
Twitter.com/JasonLeffler Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!
Leffler on racing at New Hampshire Motor Speedway “New Hampshire isn’t characterized as a short track, but it definitely has the characteristics of one. Passing is tough and you have to be aggressive. You really have to work on getting your carup off the corner without getting loose on exit. We have had some strong runs in recent weeks and I feel like we can continue building on that momentum and bring home a solid top-five finish and maybe even contend for the win this weekend.”
Jason Leffler Career Race by Race NNS Stats at New Hampshre Motor Speedway Year/Event Start Finish Laps Status Led 2000 41 24 198/200 running 0 2004 3 3 200/200 running 0 2005 23 29 195/201 running 0 2006 19 14 200/200 running 0 2007 22 12 200/200 running 0 2008 20 32 143/200 vibration 0 2009 12 10 200/200 running 0 2010 14 14 200/200 running 0 Avg. Start Avg. Finish Total Laps Total Led 19.2 17.2 96% 0 Jason Leffler Career NNS Stats at New Hampshire Motor Speedway Starts Poles Wins Top-fives Top-10’s DNFs 8 0 0 1 2 1 About Turner Motorsports: Turner Motorsports, LLC, established in 1999, is in the midst of its sophomore season of NASCAR competition. Owned by Texas-native, Steve Turner, the racing organization has expanded in 2011 from a two-truck operation in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series to become the largest stand-alone multi-series team in NASCAR’s top-tier touring series. Turner Motorsports operates out of an 110,000 square-foot state-of-the art facility in Mooresville, N.C., and will house three entries in the Camping World Truck Series and four entries in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. The team boasts an all-star driver line-up that includes Kasey Kahne, Mark Martin, Jason Leffler, Reed Sorenson, Justin Allgaier, Ricky Carmichael, James Buescher, Brad Sweet, Mikey Kile, Steve Arpin and Blake Feese. The Chevrolet-backed team has created alliances with General Motors powerhouse teams Hendrick Motorsports, who will provide engine support for both its NNS and NCWTS programs, Kevin Harvick Inc. for body and aero support, and Earnhardt Technology Group for drive train and suspension technology assistance. Turner Motorsports’ marketing partners include Dollar General, Great Clips, Monster Energy, BRANDT, Rexall, Exide, AccuDoc Solutions, Wolfpack Rentals, Mike’s Hard Lemonade, Fraternal Order of Eagles and ABF Freight. For more information on Turner Motorsports, visit www.turnermotorsportsllc.com