MARTIN TRUEX JR.
No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota
New Hampshire Motor Speedway
CORNELIUS, N.C. — Five times in NASCAR’s major divisions, the Truex family has made the trip to victory lane at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. The sixth, and probably the most important, could come Sunday when Martin Truex Jr. races his No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota in Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup race. Truex owns three victories at the “Magic Mile.” He won the 2000 and 2003 K&N Pro Series East races and the 2005 Nationwide Series race. Martin Truex Sr. won the 1994 East race and Martin Jr.’s younger brother Ryan repeated that feat in 2010.
MARTIN TRUEX JR. ON HIS SUCCESS AT NHMS: “The biggest reason why I like the track is basically I grew up there. I remember going there in 1994 with my dad to watch him race. I made my first start in 2000 and won the race. I’ve won races there in every division but the Cup Series. My plan is to cross that off this weekend especially since I’ve had a legitimate shot at winning the Cup race several times. I am really looking forward to going back because our flat-track program this season has been very strong.”
ON CHALLENGES NHMS PRESENTS:“It has a lot of little tricks that you have to take into consideration during practice to get keyed in on. There are also different things that you need to feel in the car and some things that you can’t feel, but need in the car. You have to keep all of this in the back of your mind when racing at New Hampshire. I’ve had quite a few good runs there and we’ve made a lot of gains in our flat-track racing program like at Phoenix and Richmond. I hope the combination of my experience and our flat-track program will result in a very good result on Sunday.”
ADDITIONAL NOTES OF INTEREST · Fans can take advantage of NAPA’s July Good To Go promotion and save money through mail-in rebates on NAPA Power 65 ($5 off), Legend 75 ($10 off), Legend Premium 84 ($15 off) and Optima ($20 off) batteries. Good To Go also includes mail-in rebates on select starters and alternators. For complete details, visit: napaonline.com.
· NAPA KNOW HOW TO WIN is back! Like NAPA on Facebook and enter this week’s giveaway for your chance to win hunting prizes from Buckmasters or Larry Csonka. Visit: www.facebook.com/NAPAKNOWHOW.
· Martin will be signing autographs on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at the NAPA AUTO PARTS store located on 190 Larrabee Rd. in Westbrook, ME.
· Saturday’s race marks the 208th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start for Truex. In Cup competition at NHMS, he has three top-five and four top-10 finishes. His average start is 13th and average finish is 16th. He’s led 47 laps in competition.
· NAPA Racing will host Honorary Pit Crew Member Kevin Boutot. He manages a NAPA AUTO PARTS store in Naugatuck, Conn. He will be recognized in NAPA pre-race festivities and have his name decaled on the No. 56 NAPA Toyota.
· Check out NAPA Reserve Online. Visit www.napaonline.comto make shopping for an auto part easier. Order online and pick up at your favorite NAPA AUTO PARTS store.