On the DG Chevy this week: Band-Aid, Finish, Tide, Fabuloso, Glad, Ritz, Ragu, Eveready
REED SORENSON QUICK FACTS
No. 32 Dollar General Chevy
New Hampshire Motor Speedway
New England 200
July 16, 2011
No. 32 Dollar General Chevrolet News and Notes
· Sorenson To Make 150th Nationwide Series Start- This weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Reed Sorenson will make his 150th NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start. Since his first series start back in 2004, Sorenson owns four wins, 38 top-five and 79 top-10 finishes along with two pole awards.
· Season To Date -Sorenson continues striving for his goal of an NNS championship and to that end, he has earned one win, seven top-five and 12 top-10 finishes over the course of 18 races this season. In the past nine races, Sorenson has outscored all other NNS drivers with 345 points, three more than the second-highest scoring driver, Elliott Sadler.
· Sorenson at New Hampshire Motor Speedway -In four starts at the “Magic Mile”, Sorenson has notched two top-10 finishes, with an average starting and finishing position of 12.0. His highest finish of eighth came in last season’s race after starting 12th.
· Statistically Speaking- Sorenson has made his way to the top of four of NASCAR’s loop statistic categories: Closer (positions improved in the last 10 percent of each race), Quality Passes (Passing a car running in the Top-15 while under green flag conditions), Green Flag passes and Pass Differential. He is currently ranked second in the driver point standings, just four points behind leader Sadler.
· Teeing Up for Speedway Children’s Charities- On Thursday, July 14, Sorenson will participate in the “One for the Kids” Golf Tournament at Canterbury Woods Country Club in Canterbury, New Hampshire. The tournament, played in scramble format, is being held to raise funds for the New Hampshire chapter of Speedway Children’s Charities- an organization near and dear to Sorenson’s heart.
· This Week’s Impala – This weekend, Sorenson will pilot TMS-126 in the New England 200 on Saturday. This chassis was used in a test at Milwaukee Mile and run at Dover International Speedway earlier in the season where Sorenson started 10th and finished third.
Sorenson on his trip to the “Magic Mile”: “I’m looking forward to the trip up to New Hampshire this weekend. Anytime I get to play golf, especially for a good cause, I’m very excited. Speedway Children’s Charities is a great organization and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to help them out. We are also bringing a car this weekend that we had success with at Dover and I’m excited to see what we can do with it up in Loudon. This points battle is just so close and I know my Dollar General guys are doing all they can to make sure we continue to have good races every weekend. Every point is so critical and I’m hopeful that we can come out on top when it’s all said and done.”
Follow the No. 32 team on Twitter!@No32TurnerNNS
Follow Dollar General on Twitter! @DollarGeneral
Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports
Reed Sorenson Career Race by Race NNS Stats at New Hampshire Motor Speedway Year/Event Start Finish Laps Status Led 2005 – (July) 15 14 201/201 running 0 2006 – (July) 7 17 199/200 running 0 2007 – (July) 14 9 200/200 running 0 2010 – (July) 12 8 200/200 running 0 Avg. Start Avg. Finish Total Laps Total Led 12 12 800/801 0 Career NNS Stats at New Hampshire Motor Speedway Starts Poles Wins Top-fives Top-10’s DNFs 4 0 0 0 2 0