No. 32 Mike’s Hard Lemonade Chevrolet
Iowa Speedway -Coca Cola 200
July 16, 2011
* A Homecoming of Sorts…Iowa Speedway marks the closest race to Steve Arpin’s native hometown of Fort Frances, Ontario. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) rookie grew up racing on the WISSOTA dirt circuit, winning championships throughout the Midwestern United States before stepping into the world of NASCAR.
* After Two Starts… Arpin continued his solid run in the NCWTS at Kentucky Speedway in his second start this season. The Canadian driver qualified 13th and raced inside the top 10 for a good part of the evening before bringing home a strong 12th-place finish.
* He’s Been Here Before… This weekend will mark the first time Arpin has competed at Iowa Speedway in the NCWTS, but it isn’t the first time he has logged laps at the .875-mile track. Arpin competed in one NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) event and a pair of ARCA Racing Series (ARS) events at the Newton, Iowa speedway, with his best ARS finish of eighth coming in 2009. In his lone NNS start at the track in 2010, he started 23rd and finished 18th.
* This Week’s Silverado…The No. 32 Mike’s Hard Lemonade Chevrolet Silverado team will unload chassis TMS-008 for Saturday evening’s 200-lap event. This chassis last saw track action at Dover International Speedway, where the No. 32 team qualified 18th and finished in the 30th spot.
* Back to Dirt Roots at Deer Creek… Arpin will return to his dirt roots on Wednesday evening when he competes in the “Gopher 50” at Deer Creek Speedway. Arpin, the 2004 winner of the Gopher 50, got his start racing the WISSOTA series throughout Canada and the Midwestern United States. Arpin broke into the spotlight in Minnesota and Wisconsin by being the youngest driver to win the prestigious WISSOTA 100 at the age of 18. He went on to win track championships and prestigious awards from 1999 to 2008.
* Working For Mike’s Hard Lemonade… Before he climbs aboard his No. 32 Mike’s Hard Lemonade Chevy Silverado,Friday morning Arpin will try his hand at delivering product. SPEED’s Ray Dunlap will join Arpin as the two have some fun and make sure the Fareway in Ankeny, Iowa is well stocked with Mike’s Hard Lemonade.
* Chill with Arpin… Arpin will be making several appearances prior to his start at Iowa Speedway. On Tuesday (7/12), Arpin will be signing autographs at the Wicked Moose in Rochester, Minn. from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Fans can meet the No. 32’s Mike Hard Lemonade driver on Thursday (7/14) at Fareway in Boone, Iowa, from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. and later that evening at Toby’s Hideaway from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
* Arpin and Mike’s Summer Series…Arpin will pilot the Mike’s Hard Lemonade Chevy Silverado in five outings this summer. In addition to his previous starts at Texas Motor Speedway, Kentucky Speedway and this weekend’s event at Iowa Speedway, he will be behind the wheel of the No. 32 Chevy at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis and Chicagoland Speedway. Steve Arpin on Iowa Speedway: “I always look forward to coming back to Iowa Speedway, especially having grown up racing the dirt circuit in Canada and the northern midwest. I consider this my home race. Friends and family will be supporting me from the stands Saturday night, which will be cool to see! We also have a large contingent of Mike’s Hard Lemonade distributers, retailers and guests on hand this weekend to show their support. It’s definitely fun letting them be part of our race program. Plus, having Mike’s Hard Lemonade on hand always ups the enjoyment factor!”
2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Results – No. 32 Team Date Start Finish Laps Laps Led Status Driver 2/18/2011 Daytona International Speedway 10 21 96/103 0 Accident Sweet 2/25/2011 Phoenix International Raceway 21 11 150/150 0 Running Sweet 3/12/2011 Darlington Raceway 21 36 13/150 0 Accident Sweet 4/2/2011 Martinsville Speedway 18 15 250/250 0 Running Sweet 4/22/11 Nashville Superspeedway 21 28 149/150 0 Running Sweet 5/13/11 Dover International Speedway 18 30 54/200 0 Accident Sweet 5/20/11 Charlotte Motor Speedway 4 10 250/250 0 Running Sweet 6/4/11 Kansas Speedway 9 9 167/167 3 Running Sweet 6/10/11 Texas Motor Speedway 4 23 167/168 6 Running Arpin 7/7/11 Kentucky Speedway 13 12 168/168 0 Running Arpin Total – 13.9 19.5 82.1% 9 – –