Brian Scott No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota Federated Auto Parts 300 at Nashville Superspeedway
No. 11 Shore Lodge Team Notes of Interest
· Brian Scott and the No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota team prepare for the NASCAR Nationwide Series’ return to Nashville Superspeedway for this weekend’s Federated Auto Parts 300.
· This weekend’s Federated Auto Parts 300 marks Scott’s fifth career start in Nationwide Series competition at the 1.33-mile Nashville Superspeedway. Nashville Superspeedway is the track at which Scott made his first career start in Nationwide Series competition. Scott made his Nationwide Series debut on April 11, 2009.
· Scott also has two career starts in Truck Series competition at Nashville with his best effort being a second-place finish during the 2009 Truck Series race.
· Scott participated in the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Invitational Celebrity Pro-Am on Monday, July 18 at the Muirfield Village Golf Club in Columbus, Ohio.
· The No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota team will take Chassis #128 to this weekend’s Federated Auto Parts 300 at Nashville Superspeedway. This chassis was raced by the team once this year and that was during the race at Michigan International Speedway in June. Scott scored a 17th-place finish at Michigan after starting from the 16th position. The backup car is Chassis #106 and it has not been raced during the 2011 season.
· Last Race: The No. 11 Shore Lodge Toyota was poised for a top-five finish during last week’s New England 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway when Scott was caught up in the final accident of the race at lap 196. The Shore Lodge Toyota team was able to repair Scott’s car on pit road and keep him on the lead lap for the green-white-checkered flag finish. He finished the race in the 17th position.
· Scott dropped one spot in the NASCAR Nationwide Series driver point standings. He currently sits in 10th place, 10 points out of ninth place and 15 out of eighth. Elliott Sadler maintained his lead in the championship point standings. He owns a seven-point lead ahead of Reed Sorenson.
· To access information on Brian Scott and No. 11 Team visit: www.joegibbsracing.comand follow twitter.com/bscottracing and twitter.com/joegibbsracing.
Scott Quotes Heading to Nashville for the second time in 2011: “I’m actually really excited. We were semi-decent there when we raced there earlier this year. And we’ve made huge strides with our equipment and our stuff. I feel like it is a good race track for me and we feel like as a race team – with the improvements we’ve made – it will be a good opportunity for it to be a really great weekend for us and have a good run. Nashville is a neat track and a neat place to go so I look forward to it.”
On the incident with Steven Wallace in New Hampshire: “You know, it was a long race and I had ran with Steven the whole race. I saw a number of instances and barely missed just about all of them. My patience ran thin and when we went into the corner there, he crowded me down to the apron. I got loose and I should have checked up rather than pushing back but if I checked up I was going to be in a bad situation either way. So I was trying to nudge him out of the way and ended up wrecking myself and unfortunately a lot of other cars. I had a voice mail from Steven as soon as I landed back home because we are friends. We hang out. We go boat-fishing together and play golf together. We obviously wanted to work it out. He wasn’t very happy with me for some of the things I had said on Twitter after the race. I wasn’t very happy with him for the way he had raced me all day and in that particular situation. We talked and I said in the future that I wouldn’t handle scuffles between us like that and he said in the future he would give me more room. So we worked it out.”
Scott Nashville Superspeedway Stats
Date Start Finish Laps Led Laps complete Laps Status Earnings 4/23/11 10 22 0 223 225 Running $17,258 6/5/10 19 28 0 195 225 Engine $20,683 4/3/10 13 15 0 225 225 Running $15,650 4/11/09 24 25 0 223 225 Running $21,018 Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Ave. Start Ave. Finish Earnings 4 0 0 0 16.5 22.5 $74,609 Scott Career NASCAR Nationwide Series Stats Starts Wins Top 5 Top 10 Earnings Ave. Start Ave. Finish 61 0 1 8 $1,665,932 15.7 20.1 No. 11 Shore Lodge Team Primary Team Members: Crew Chief – Kevin Kidd Car Chief – Colan Ingle Engine Builder – Mark Cronquist Lead Engineer – Kenneth Oates Engine Specialist – Dan Bajek Spotter – Tim Fedewa Other Crew Members: Truck Drivers – Charles Sampson Tire Specialist – Ryan Martin Shock Specialist – Scott Myers Mechanic – Ben Chase Mechanic – Tony Hamm