On the DG Chevy this week: Reese’s, Scott, Energizer, Slim Jim, Keebler, Gildan, Pine-Sol, Mello-Yello
REED SORENSON QUICK FACTS
No. 32 Dollar General Chevy
Dover International Speedway
OneMain Financial 200
October 1, 2011
No. 32 Dollar General Chevrolet News and Notes
- Sorenson Season In Review – Reed Sorenson and the No 32 Dollar General team continue to try and regain position in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings with six races remaining in the 2011 season. After a 10th-place finish at Chicagoland Speedway two weeks ago, Sorenson has notched one win, seven top-five and 17 top-10 finishes along with 85 laps led. He currently sits third in the NNS point standings, just 47 points behind the leader.
- Sorenson at the ‘Monster Mile’ – One of his favorite tracks on the circuit, Sorenson has impressive stats at Dover International Speedway. In 10 starts at the mile-long track, Sorenson boasts six top-five and nine top-10 finishes along with an average starting spot of 11.4 and average finish of 7.2. In the spring race at the ‘Monster Mile’, Sorenson had a successful outing, posting a third-place finish after starting 10th.
- In the Loop: Dover – Sorenson ranks among the highest in NASCAR’s loop data statistics heading into this weekend’s race at Dover International Speedway. Among Nationwide Series-only drivers, Sorenson is first in Average Driver Rating (100.9), first in Green Flag Speed (145.271 miles per hour), second in Laps in the Top-15 (1722) and third in Green Flag Passes (210).
- Dollar General Supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month – Saturday, October 1st kicks off the month-long Breast Cancer Awareness campaign, now in its 25th year. On October 14th, Dollar General is partnering with Charlotte Motor Speedway to support Susan G. Komen for the Cure as well as honor 300 breast cancer survivors. The No. 32 Dollar General team will be decked out in pink uniforms throughout the race weekend to support the cause and the No. 32 Dollar General Chevy will also feature an all-pink paint scheme.
- Fans Can Win Big with Dollar General – Dollar General, an Official Partner of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup™, is offering customers the chance to win more than 9,000 prizes including free gas for a year, a trip for two to Las Vegas for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week™ and $250,000. The “Race in to Win” sweepstakes officially launched August 28 and runs through November 12, 2011. When customers purchase qualifying items from DG, they are given a code on their receipt to enter online at dollargeneral.com. It is the first-ever national retail program around the Chase, NASCAR’s version of the playoffs.
- This Week’s Impala – This weekend, Sorenson will pilot TMS-126 in the OneMain Financial 200 at Dover International Speedway. This is the same car Sorenson drove to a third-place finish in the spring race at Dover. It was also on track at Loudon (15th), Iowa II (sixth) and Richmond II (eighth).
Sorenson on returning to Dover:
“I’m definitely excited to get back to Dover this weekend. It might be my favorite track that we get to go to. It has characteristics of a short track, but the speeds we get to are just so fast. This Dollar General team had a really strong race here in the spring with a third-place run. We are bringing back that same car so I’m hoping we can duplicate that effort. All we can do as a team is put ourselves in a position to finish well. We only have control over what we do and hope it’s good enough to move us back toward the front in this championship battle.”